Friday Night Frights

~ Damon ~

With the little comet festival in town, everyone would be in the square all night. It seemed like the perfect time for Damon to mingle. After his run-in with Elena earlier that day, Damon wanted to stay as close to Stefan as possible. How else could he make his life a living hell?

"I know you." The girl from the woods approached Damon at the bar in the Mystic Grill.

"Well, that's unfortunate." Damon recognized her.

"I don't know how, but your face..." The girl's eyes began to water. "Excuse me. Sorry."

She walked away from the conversation. However, Damon wasn't one to let his snacks get away. After she disappeared into the bathroom, Damon followed her. When she bent down to get water from the faucet, Damon sneaked behind her. As she rose, he took his opportunity.

Damon grabbed her and took her away from the Mystic Grill. He led her up to the roof of one of the taller buildings in town. Once he had her there, he began to play. 

"I got you. I'm not going to drop you." He laughed as he held her at the edge of the roof. 

But his fun didn't last long. Mr. Hero had to swoop in and save the damsel. Stefan rushed up to the roof.

"Not bad. Have you been eating bunnies?" Damon mocked.

"Let her go." Stefan demanded.

"Really? Okay." Damon pulled her arm like he was going to throw her off the roof.

"No! No!" Stefan yelled.

Damon pushed the girl toward Stefan. "Relax." 

"What's happening?" The girl cried from on all fours.

"I don't need her to be dead, but you might." Damon looked down at the girl. "What attacked you the other night?"

"I don't know." She growled. "An animal."

"Are you sure about that?" He leaned over to her. "Think. Think about it. Think really hard. What attacked you?"

The girl stiffened. "A vampire."

"Who did this to you?" Damon shouted.

"You did!" The girl yelled back.

"Wrong!" Damon cocked his head.

"Don't." Stefan begged.

"It was Stefan," Damon said.

"Don't."

Damon pulled the girl to her feet and forced her to look him in the eyes. "Stefan Salvatore did this to you."

"Stefan Salvatore did this to me." The girl repeated.

"He's a vampire, a vicious, murderous monster," Damon said.

"Please, Damon." Stefan shook his head. "Please, don't do this."

"If you couldn't fix it before, I don't know what you can do now." Damon ripped the girl's bandage off her neck wound before pushing her toward Stefan.

"Your choice of lifestyle has made you weak." Damon threw the bandage at his brother. "A couple of vampire parlor tricks is nothing compared to the power that you could have, that you now need. But you can change that. Human blood gives you that."

"No!" The girl screamed.

Stefan pushed her back to the ground, fighting off his urge to feed.

"You have two choices. You can feed and make her forget. Or you can let her run, screaming 'vampire' through the town square." Damon taunted.