Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Fire

Mallorie rose to her feet on shaky legs. "I'm so sorry about Luka."

"Sorry won't bring my son back." Jonas took a step toward her.

"No, but you need us to get your daughter back." Elena and Bonnie stood behind Jonas.

Jonas didn't look up from Mallorie. "Only Elijah can do that."

"We don't need Elijah." Bonnie took a pose to defend herself against Jonas, then dropped her hands.

Though his eyes softened for a second, Jonas took another step in Mallorie's direction. Mallorie braced herself for whatever attack he had coming. Instead, a force hit her from behind.

Arms wrapped around Mallorie as she was carried away from the altercation. Her moment of comfort became terror as she realized she had no idea who saved her. Had this mythical and dangerous Klaus surfaced in town to drag her away with a false sense of security?

Filled with panic, Mallorie flailed in the arms that held her. Their pace slowed, and her feet gently touched the ground. As soon as her captor's arms released her, Mallorie whipped around ready to strike. Instead of an unknown face, Mallorie met familiar light blue eyes.

Mallorie threw her arms around him without thinking as tears of relief fell from her eyes. "I thought you were Klaus."

Damon squeezed her tightly. "I thought I was going to lose you."

"The others." Mallorie pulled out of the hug. "We have to get them. Bonnie doesn't have her powers and--"

Damon placed his hands on Mallorie's shoulders. "Breathe. Stefan was going to save them, and Caroline wasn't far behind. Let's just get you home, okay?"

Mallorie nodded. "Where are we?"

"Only a block or two away. Can you walk?" Damon asked.

Mallorie chuckled. "I'm scared not broken. I think I can make it."

"Jonas isn't going to stop until he finds you, you know that, right?" Damon asked.

"No, I know that Jonas won't stop until he sees the light leave my eyes. He wants revenge." Mallorie sighed.

"And we're going to give it to him," Damon said. Mallorie gave him a confused look. "You'll see."

*****

As soon as they entered the house, Damon spotted everyone in the kitchen. All heads turned to Mallorie as they closed the door behind them. Elena and Bonnie raced over to hug her. Stefan and Jeremy lingered in the doorway of the kitchen.

"Thank God." Elena released Malloire.

"It's not over." Mallorie frowned. "Damon will explain."

Stefan approached with a furrowed brow as Damon spoke. "When did you guys get home?"

"A few minutes ago." Stefan crossed his arms.

"Did you check the house?" Damon asked.

"And why would we check the house?" Jeremy asked.

"Well..." Damon trailed off. A loud thump sounded upstairs. "That would be a reason why."

Stefan gave Damon a hard look as they all raced upstairs. After rolling his eyes, Damon went and stood by the door. There was a scream from upstairs and another thud before a knock sounded at the door. Damon let Mallorie into the house with a grin.

"Did Katherine do it?" Mallorie asked.

"If she didn't, Bonnie and Stefan are up there with him now. He should be dead." Damon looked into the kitchen.