Trapped

~ Damon ~

"The three of us together just like old times. The brother who loved me too much and the one that didn't love me enough." Katherine spun the stake in her hand as Damon continued testing the force keeping them in the room.

"And the evil slut vampire who only loved herself." Damon glared at Katherine.

"What happened to you Damon? You used to be so sweet and polite." Katherine pouted.

"Oh, that Damon died a long time ago." The rage was building again, especially since Damon knew he couldn't turn the anger into action.

"Good. He was a bore." Katherine smiled.

Stefan rolled his eyes. "Why don't you two stop antagonizing each other?"

Katherine crossed her arms. "Where is the moonstone?"

"What do you want to do with it?" Stefan pursed his lips.

Katherine cocked her head to the side. " Does Mallorie enjoy having you both worship her?"

Damon and Stefan exchanged looks as Damon took a step closer. This was such an interesting accusation, Damon had to stop himself from laughing.

"That was really desperate, Katherine. Don't you think that we can see right through you?" Damon asked.

"So it doesn't bother you that Stefan's in love with your girlfriend?" Katherine asked.

Damon scoffed. "Oh, stop it."

"Or what? You'll hurt me?" Katherine stood and touched Damon's chest. "Come on, Damon. Everything I feel, Mallorie feels, so go ahead." She eyed Stefan. "Or better yet, kiss me, Stefan. She'll feel that, too."

Stefan walked up to her. "You know, this whole Mason thing has me a bit confused. Why a werewolf? The moonstone can break a curse that would help them destroy all vampires so what's in that for you?"

"Sorry about your pet wolf. Probably should have kept him on a tighter leash." Damon's face was inches from Katherine's.

"I'll have to remember that for next time. He's not the only wolf in town." Katherine matched his intense look.

Damon marched away from her. Enough was enough. This woman was driving him crazy and not in a good way. If they didn't get out of here soon, he feared he would do something he regretted. The only thing stopping him from killing her here was the fact that Mallorie was linked to her. That and his insurance policy.

"Damn it! Where is that witch?" He pounded on the barrier.

"We could play charades." Katherine tried to look cute but ended up looking like she ate something sour.

Stefan's eyes widened. "You bargained the moonstone."

"What are you mumbling about over there?" Damon turned to look at them.

"When you struck a deal with George Lockwood, to help you fake your death, you told me that you gave George something that he needed. It was the moonstone, wasn't it?" A smile crept onto Stefan's face.

"Good for you, Stefan. Two plus two...And it would have worked except that people found out that I wasn't in the tomb." Katherine's gaze landed on Damon. "Thanks to you, by the way. Have I mentioned how inconvenient your obsession with me has been?"

Damon sighed. "You and me both, honey."

"Why do you need it back?" Stefan asked.

Katherine pulled on Stefan's lapels. "I love you in a suit, so dashing."