The Georgia Trip

Mallorie woke up in a moving car. She was pressed against the passenger window. Fields passed by her. She turned to see who was driving. Damon met her gaze.

"Morning." He grinned.

"Where are we?" Mallorie asked.

"In Georgia." Damon looked out his window.

"Georgia?" Mallorie rubbed her head. "No, no. No, we're not. Seriously, Damon. Where are we?"

"Seriously, we're...we're in Georgia." He pursed his lips. "How ya feeling?"

Mallorie groaned. "I...I..."

"There are no broken bones," Damon said. "I checked."

Mallorie furrowed her brow. "But my car. There was a man. I hit a man. But then he got up, and...who was that?"

Damon shook his head. "That's what I would like to know."

"Where is my phone?" Mallorie searched her body. "Okay, we really need to go back. Nobody knows where I am. Pull over. I mean it, Damon." When Damon kept driving, Mallorie tried again. "Pull over! Stop the car!"

Damon sighed. "Oh, you were so much more fun when you were asleep."

The car slowed as Damon drove it to a dirt patch next to a field. As soon as Damon cut the engine, Mallorie got out of the car. Pain soaked her body. She couldn't help but limp when she tried to walk. Mallorie placed her hands on her knees.

Damon was by her side in seconds supporting her. "Hey."

Mallorie locked eyes with him for a second. Something had changed since she'd seen him last. He cared.

"I'm fine." Mallorie straightened up. "We have to go back."

Damon followed her as she walked to the road. "Oh come on. Look. We've already come this far--"

"Why are you doing this? I can't be in Georgia. I wrecked my car. I have to go home." Mallorie crossed her arms. "This is kidnapping."

"That's a little melodramatic, don't you think?" Damon smirked.

Mallorie cocked a brow. "You're not funny. You can't do this. I'm not going to Georgia."

"Well, you're in Georgia. Without your magical little necklace, I might add." Mallorie reached for her necklace and realized it was gone. "I can very easily make you...agreeable."

There's no way he could've stolen her necklace. It would've burned him to touch. They must've taken it off at the hospital.

"What are you trying to prove?" Mallorie glared.

From Damon's pant pocket, a phone began to ring. It was Mallorie's ringtone.

"That's my phone." Mallorie stuck her hand out.

"Mmm. It's your boyfriend. I'll take it. Mallorie's phone!" Damon stopped Mallorie from grabbing the phone.

"Where's Mallorie? Who is this? Why do you have her phone? Is she okay?" Matt's voice came through the phone.

"Mallorie? She's right here. And, yes, she's fine." Damon pushed her hand away again.

"Where are you? Let me speak to her." Matt demanded.

"He wants to talk to you." Damon finally handed her the phone.

"Matty?" Mallorie asked as she walked away.

"Mal, who are you with? Is that Caroline's crazy ex?" Matt asked.

"Yes, I know I have a lot of explaining to do." Mallorie rubbed her forehead. "I'll talk when we get back, okay? I just need a little break."