Show & Tell - H. Osterfield

Invisible.

That's what you feel all the time whenever Harrison takes you somewhere. He tells you he loves you a lot, he shows you he loves you a lot, and he reassures you most of the time that he only has eyes for you.

But you're stupid enough to believe it because you think he's just not ready to take it to the next level, y'know? You've been going on dates for nearly a year now, but you haven't got a label on whatever your relationship is. You haven't met his parents or his sister or even his fucking dog. You've only met his friends and he introduces you as his friend because you guys are so low-key that he still wants to see other people while seeing you. You allow him, though. You allow him because you love him and because you have no label. Therefore, you have no right to say shit.

It's very complicated. But just because it's complicated, doesn't mean you don't feel any hurt whatsoever. You're deeply hurt because as you sit there drinking with his friends, he's dancing with someone else and you know for a fact that he'll take them home later and fuck the night away. While he's doing that, you're curled up on the couch in your apartment wondering when he'll finally notice you and wondering when he'll step up and be a man to finally make things official with you.

That never happens, though. You finally realized that it was unhealthy for you, so you just cut him off. You started seeing someone else; his best friend, Tom. Both of you instantly clicked and after just two months of going on dates, Tom was man enough to ask you to be his girlfriend. You met each other's families, you met his dog, and both of you are saving up for your shared apartment.

Now, Harrison watched at the sidelines wondering what would've happened if he just manned up. When Harrison realized that he was ready now, it was too late.