You Can Sing? - Holland!Reader

Requested? Yes.

Anon: Hi! Can you do holland!reader where they react on the reader singing. Thank u!

* * * *

It was ridiculous that no one in your family knew that you could sing. You sang in front of your family a lot of times, but you made sure you sounded shitty on purpose. You were just shy like that, but that changed as you grew older.

You didn't want to be emotional, but you claimed yourself to be the forgotten child of Nikki and Dom. You were the only daughter and they were always so busy and they would always remember you last minute. Because of that, you began writing songs about it. Soon, you discovered that you had a talent for songwriting and you started writing songs almost everyday with your guitar.

Being Tom's younger sister, you gained a lot of followers on social media and his fans knew you and they would often comment on your pictures or reply to your tweets. This meant that every time you go on Instagram live, thousands of people are watching.

That's no different today.

You were just chilling in your room and decided to go on Instagram live. You were wearing a black turtle neck and a gold necklace with your initial as the pendant. You were wearing skinny jeans and had light makeup on while your hair was neatly tied in a ponytail.

"Hey everyone!" You waved at the camera with a big smile on your face. "I'm all dressed up because why not and I might go out after this."

You read the comments and answered a few questions before bringing out your guitar to strum a few chords. "Please sing for us, Y/N!!! We want to hear you!" You read before laughing.

"Alright." You said with a shrug as you thought of a song to sing. "How about I sing a Taylor Swift song? You guys like that?" You looked down at your guitar as you strummed the chords to 'Dear John'.

"Long were the nights when my days once revolved around you." You sang softly. "Counting my footsteps, praying the floor won't fall through again. My mother accused me of losing my mind, but I swore I was fine."

You were passionately singing in your room and you didn't care who was going to hear it because that song spoke to you. Having experienced the same as Taylor (as said on the song) not too long ago, you couldn't help the tears as they streamed down your face when you sang the next verse.

"Well maybe it's me and my blind optimism to blame. Well maybe it's you and your sick need to give love then take it away. And you'll add my name to your long list of traitors who don't understand and I look back and regret how I ignored when they said run as fast as you caaaan." You sang painfully. Comments were piling in from a lot of fans and they were worried.

tomsbootyfulbutt omg y/n 🥺

tomsforgottentattoo not me crying as well 😭✋🏼

ynstolemyheart im taking this personally 😔

harryyeet sis i-

tomthetankengine MISS MA'AM WHO HURT YOU 😤

harrisonsoceaneyes @/tomholland2013 yo come pick up ur sister

You weren't aware of what they were saying in the comments because you just kept singing.

"Don't you think 19's too young to be played by your dark twisted games when I loved you so? I should've known." You sniffed as you strummed. You sang the bridge with passion and you stopped playing for a specific part and you used that to wipe your tears away.

"And I took your matches before fire could catch me so don't look now." Your fingers rested on the next chord as you strummed again. "I'm shining like fireworks over your sad empty town."

You closed your eyes and tears streamed down your face again as you sang.

"I see it all now that you're gone. Don't you think I was too young to be messed with the girl in a dress wrote you a song. You should've known. You should've known. Don't you think I was too young? You should've known." You ended the song and wiped your tears, chuckling lightly.

"Wow, that was something." You smiled a bit as you read the comments. "I'm alright, you guys. Anyway, I have to redo my makeup, but I hope you liked my singing. I have to go now, so I'll catch you guys later!" You waved goodbye and ended the live.

You went on with your day, not even thinking about your mini performance on Instagram live. Your brothers were late, but they did watch bits of your Instagram live because fans have posted them.

"Um, since when did Y/N sing?" Harry asked as he watched.

"I don't know, but she sounds really good." Tom smiled as he watched the video over Harry's shoulder, but he quickly frowned when he saw you crying.

"Why is she crying?" Tom frowned.

"Her ex, duh." Harry said. "He's an asshole."

"What ex? She dated someone?!" Tom asked in shock. "When?"

"They dated for, like, two years. He was some older guy and mum and dad didn't approve of him and they had this argument." Harry said.

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah, ask Sam. He was there the whole time." Harry said before liking the video.

-

"Y/N, you never told us that you could sing!" Tom exclaimed excitedly as he saw your face on FaceTime. "You sound amazing!"

"Thanks." You chuckled. "I never told anyone I could sing, but I figured it was time to get out of my comfort zone."

"Do you write songs too?" Harry asked and you only nodded.

"Wow! That's great!" Tom grinned. "How did they react to you singing?"

"Mum and dad thought it wasn't me." You laughed. "Sam said he liked it and he cried because he felt the emotion. Paddy was pissed because he was sleeping and I was loudly singing with my guitar. He didn't appreciate it."

Harry shook his head with a chuckle, "Classic, Paddy."

"True." You laughed as you brushed your hair.

"You ever thought about doing that professionally?" Tom asked. "Because I can help you if you want."

"I'm not really sure, but it would be nice to release the songs I've written." You said and Tom smiled.

"That's nice. If you have a decision already, just tell me and I'll give you a few contact numbers of some people." Tom said.

"Thank you, T." You laughed. "I'll think about it."

* * * *

i started this thing called "movie mondays" on tumblr and i shall post the one shots here bc im deeply sorry for depriving yall of content lately.

i've been super sad for a while now so yeah