C.O.A.P.A - Platonic!Tom (2)

Title: Chronicles of a Pregnant Assistant
Pairing: Platonic!Tom x Assistant!Reader
1288 words

* * * *

Hey, it's Y/N! I'm sorry for not answering the phone; I'm really busy. Leave a message and I'll call back. (BEEP)

"Hey, Y/N/N! It's Tom." He chuckled. "I know you're still on maternity leave and you're probably resting, but I miss you. In fact, we all miss you here at work. It's so different now without you and I know you'll be back in two weeks, but I can't wait! So, I hope you forgive me for visiting you at this ungodly hour after work. See you in a while." With that, Tom hung up the phone and turned off his car's engine. He grabbed everything he bought for you and Laurie before getting out of his car and closing the door and locking it.

He walked to your apartment and looked for the emergency key in the plant outside your door. When he found it, he wasted no time in unlocking the door and quietly inviting himself inside. After closing the door behind him, he flips the switch to turn the lights on and sees the mess in your apartment. It surprised him because you were generally a clean and organized person and he knew you weren't happy with the mess. He wouldn't want you to be unhappy, but he was also tired from shooting scenes the whole day.

After debating with himself, he finally decided to clean your mess. Having been to your place before, he knew the ins and outs and he knew where things went. He removed his shoes and sock before placing all the things he brought near the front door and started putting things in their proper places.

After an hour everything was in place; all the books were in the shelves, all the wrappers and tissues were in the trash, the pillows were fluffed and neatly arranged as it should on the couch, the coffee table was wiped and everything was dusted, the floor was swept and vacuumed and mopped. The whole thing made Tom tired and just as he was about to sit on the couch, you popped around the corner and saw him.

You were half-asleep and you didn't know if you were seeing things or not, so you didn't know if Tom was actually there or if he was just a figment of your imagination.

"Tom? Is that you?" You asked with a hoarse voice. You were squinting because of the bright light and you weren't exactly presentable. You didn't expect any visitors, anyway. Your hair was all over the place, you had no bra on, no makeup. You were just wearing a camisole, a bathrobe, pjs and fluffy slippers.

Tom stared at you and just said, "Hey, Y/N."

You rubbed your eyes and looked at the clock. The time made you sigh heavily and you took a deep breath before saying, "Please tell me you have a very good reason for coming here at two in the morning."

"Please tell me you have a very good reason for waking up at two in the morning." Tom joked.

"Don't try me, Holland. I'm not in the mood at 2AM. Tell me why you're here or I'll call the cops." You said quietly as you fought to stay awake.

"To be fair, I got here an hour ago, so that means I came here at 1AM which is just an hour after midnight. Anyway, I bought a lot of things for you and Laurie and I just want to show them all to you."

"That's very sweet, but why 2AM and not in the morning like a regular person?"

"Because I thought you'd be awake." Tom admitted shyly. "When you were pregnant, you were awake until 4AM."

"Yes, but that was before. Now, I sleep whenever Laurie's asleep and includes n-"

A loud cry interrupted you and you groaned. You JUST put him to sleep an hour and a half ago and Laurie is now awake.

"Jesus fucking Christ." You sighed and rubbed each side of your temples with two of your fingers.

Tom gasped, "That's the Lord's name."

"I'm not in the mood for joking around, Holland." You said with your eyes closed.

"I know and I'm sorry." Tom said as he walked towards you to give you a big hug which you happily returned. If the circumstances were different, you would melt into his hug and sleep. But Laurie needed you.

"As much as I want to stay in your warm hug, I can't. Laurie needs me and he's cranky because his sleep got cut short." You pulled away from him.

"Just go to sleep and I'll take care of it." Tom said as he planted a quick kiss on your forehead.

"But-"

"Zip it, Y/L/N. Go to your room and go to sleep. I'll handle Laurie. It'll be fine. Plus, he needs to know who I am because I'm going to be around a lot." Tom said as he brought you to your room.

"I'm sure he already knows you. When I was seven months pregnant he used to move around a lot when he would hear your voice, silly. He knows you." You chuckled lightly before yawning.

"Okay, now go to sleep while I handle Laurie. I'm sorry for coming in at 2AM." Tom said as you hummed in response before going in your room and closing the door.

Tom went straight to Laurie's room. He entered the dimly lit room and carried the crying baby in his arms.

"Laurie, it's me." Tom whispered. "You made your mum really upset for waking up at this hour, but I told her to go to sleep because she needs it. I'm just here to fill in." He sat down on the rocking chair and rocked Laurie back and forth.

Laurie's cries were lessened after a while and Tom just kept talking about his day. Before he knew it, Laurie was fast asleep in his arms. His little snores made Tom giggle as he looked down at the sweet baby's face. He carefully stood up and put Laurie back in his crib before settling back down on the rocking chair and drifting off to sleep.

Two Weeks Later

Your first day back to work was very weird. Everyone was still treating you as if you were pregnant. You couldn't really blame them, though. For the whole time working there, you were pregnant, so this was their first time seeing you not pregnant.

"You know, you can hug me normally now, right?" You told Harry after pulling away from his hug. "I have no baby in me anymore, so a regular hug is fine." You chuckled.

"I'm sorry. I guess you could say that I got used to it." Harry shrugged and you waved him off, indicating that it wasn't a big deal.

"If you're here, where's the baby?" Raffy, the makeup artist, asked.

"At my parents' house." You answered without looking at him. You desperately wanted to catch up with all of the work that you missed and you wanted to know if anything changed while you were away. And if anything has changed, you wanted to get the hang of it now.

"Bring the baby here next time!" Tom said excitedly. "It'll be really fun and-"

"And he will cry and I will breastfeed and I will put him to sleep and it'll be tiring for me." You interrupted. "As much as I want to take Laurie with me, I can't. I can't take care of Tom while taking care of Laurie. I can't handle two babies!" You teased.

"Hey!" Tom exclaimed. "I'm not a baby!" He pouted which made you and Harry roll your eyes.

"Sure, you're not." Harry snickered.

* * * *

See you in part 3 🤍

P.S. watch out for Disney themes again 👀