Would You (I) - P. Parker

Requested? Nah
443 words
Would You Series inspired by 'Would You' by The Vamps

"𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐠𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧? 𝐈𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐧' 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤, 𝐈'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐧𝐨𝐰"

Being with Peter was complicated. Well, you aren't really together together, but you act like you're together. Both of you are aware that you have feelings for each other, but nothing seems to be happening.

He wraps his arm around you, but drops your hand when you hold his. He tells you he wants to hang out with just you, but when you actually plan it, he cancels or asks if he can bring Ned. He gets jealous when you talk to another guy, but he doesn't call or text you and if he does, it's only school related.

It was getting tiring because you really want to be in a relationship with him. You decided that enough is enough. If you want to be with him, you'll start. Fuck what the society says about courting.

You left him cute love letters in his locker everyday and you'd sometimes ask Ned to hand Peter your gift so it looks like an admirer gave it. You'd look at his reaction from afar and you'd smile when Peter opens the gift and smiles. Your smile would drop quickly because Peter would close the gift and re-wrap it neatly and he'll ask Ned to give it back to you.

You were confused. It was time to confront him.

"Parker." You called his attention one day in the cafeteria. He looked up from his food to look at you. "Can we talk?" You nodded your head towards the door and Peter wordlessly got up from his seat to head out of the cafeteria with you.

"What's up?" He asked as soon as you got out. "Is anything wrong?"

"Do you really like me like you said?" You asked and he nodded. You took a deep breath and asked, "Then why aren't we dating?"

"Just because we like each other doesn't mean we have to date." Peter shrugged. "It's not a requirement for two people who have mutual feelings to be in a relationship."

You just looked at him feeling rejected. You shook your head and said, "I feel like something's holding you back. Just tell me what it is and maybe we can fix it."

"We can't. Just drop it." Peter said, his calm demeanor changing. You frowned and just walked away from him. If he wasn't going to try, then you weren't going to try anymore.

Peter's heart broke as he watched you walk away.

"I can't be with you because the bad guys will get you to get through me. I just don't want you to get hurt, that's all." Peter mumbled to no one in particular as he ran a hand through his hair.