hope ur ok - holland!reader

3,637 words
tw: sad shit, italics are flashbacks, bold is a letter
i don't have a holland reader banner so i used the olivia banner instead. also, sorry for the delay of posting this lmao

* * * *

You were in your room, sitting on your bed as your eyes looked around. Your room was painted your favorite color and it made your brothers jealous because their rooms were painted white, it was boring. Yours had posters, polaroids of you and your siblings, fairy lights, a bean bag chair, and a simple full body mirror. You heard a knock on your door and you looked to see that it was Tom smiling brightly with a plate of your favorite cookies.

"Hey." He said softly as he entered the room and shut the door behind him with his foot while balancing the plate of cookies in his hands.

"Hi." You smiled.

"Sam kicked me out of the kitchen, but I was there first and fortunately, I finished the cookies on time. I hope they taste alright." Tom said as he sat beside you, the plate of cookies in between you.

"They smell good, so you did a good job." You chuckled. Tom took one cookie and looked at you, "Taste test."

He took a bite and chewed it a few times before saying, "It tastes alright. It's not like how Sam makes it, but I'm not Sam. I'm Tom."

Both of you erupted into a fit of giggles as you talked about random things. The plate of cookies were now on your bedside table and only half of the cookies were eaten.

"Hey, how's your friend?" Tom asked casually. Both of you were laying on your bed, facing the ceiling.

"Which friend?"

"The blond one who had one hell of a musical talent." Tom said. "He used to come here and play on Sam's piano."

"Oh, James! I don't really know what happened to him. We, uh, fell out of touch."

"I see." Tom said. "I hope he's okay."

"Same here." You told him. "My friend, Madeline, got a scholarship last time I checked. She got accelerated in school and she got to attend uni ahead of us. I'm really proud of her, y'know?"

"Where is she now?" Tom asked.

You looked at Tom with sorrow in your eyes. He glanced at you and he could see how hurt you were. "We don't talk...anymore. We used to. She's basically like a sister to me, but we don't talk anymore. Regardless, I'm really happy for her and I miss her. Wherever she is, I hope she's alright."

Suddenly, there was a knock on your door and Tom sat up quickly. The door opened and revealed Sam. "Hey, it's time to eat dinner. You're washing the dishes tonight, Tom!" Sam said before leaving.

"That little shit." Tom laughed. "C'mon, Y/N. Let's eat!" He got up from your bed and you followed suit with worry and concern in your eyes. You shook your head and shrugged it off. What you'll say can wait.

Both of you went down to join everyone on the dining table. You sat in your usual seat, but didn't contribute in the conversation. You were just happy to be there. You looked around and saw how happy your brothers were. You looked at your parents and saw them smiling. It was a beautiful sight to see. After all, all you wanted was for them to be happy. They deserve to be happy.

Harry and Tom cleaned up as you watched them help each other. "Next time, we should cook Y/N's favorite dinner." Tom said. Harry looked at him and shrugged, "Why not? I never liked it, but I'm sure she'd appreciate it very much."

The next few days were spent with Tom. He never left your side and he made sure you were alright. You were the youngest and as the eldest Holland child, he made it his job to look after you. He wasn't close with you before, but somehow as you grew older, it changed. Tom was now excited to spend time with you. He loved talking to you and he loved laughing with you. In his opinion, you make his stress and worries fade away.