Marriage - T. Holland

Pairing: Doctor!Tom x Lawyer!Reader
Requested? Nah
7,630 words
TW; character death, very angsty, an unusual ending

The one is bold is the question from the activity.

* * * *

It was 7 o'clock in the morning and everyone in your house was busy. Tom, your husband, was checking your kids' backpacks while you made sure your kids ate breakfast. They were invited by Mr. and Mrs. Bergstein on a camping trip with their kids. Of course, you and Tom happily agreed. It'd be nice to take a break from the kids just this once. You and Tom didn't worry too much about them because your kids are 10 and 8 years old. Both of them are boys and you wanted to try for a little girl this time. Only, there was one problem.

"Okay, Mr. and Mrs. Bergstein are here! It's time to go!" Tom shouted from the living room after checking from the window. Your sons, Jacob and Mason, immediately got up from their seats and ran out of the house.

"You didn't drink anything, Jacob!" You shouted from the dining area. Jacob quickly came back and finished his full glass of orange juice. You smiled at him as you wiped his mouth. You kissed the top of his head and said, "Behave, okay? Take care of your little brother, but most of all, have fun! I'll call you guys every night."

"Okay, mum. I love you!" Jacob smiled before leaving again. You and Tom followed behind him as you waved at them from the front door.

"Bye, kids!" Tom shouted with a smile on his face as he waved with his other arm wrapped around your shoulder. You and Tom watched as the kids waved from inside the car.

"I can't believe you didn't have the decency to pack their things last night. Do you know how tired I am?!" Tom quietly said while smiling at the kids.

"I can't believe you're complaining! You don't even help around the house and the one time I ask you to do something, you're pissed? How fucking dare you!" You said, the same way as Tom. You didn't want the kids to see you fighting.

The Bergsteins drove away and as soon as they did, you shrugged off Tom's arm around your shoulder and went inside without another word. Tom followed and slammed the door when he got in.

"You're such a bitch, you know that?" Tom said angrily.

"You're such an asshole, you know that?" You mimicked. "I fucking hate you! The only good things you gave me were Jacob and Mason! Other than those two, all you gave me were headaches and your whining! News flash: when you whine and complain, NOTHING CHANGES AND NOTHING GETS DONE."

"Well, I'm sorry for making you so fucking upset! I'm sorry that I have a job that's always stressing me out and I'm sorry that I don't have time for everything and everyone in this house!" Tom shouted.

"Oh, please! I know how you fucking feel because I'm a lawyer and the cases I handle are so out of this fucking world and it adds to my problems! You and I aren't so different in terms of having a busy work life, but I make time to do my part as a wife and a mother!" You hissed.

That was the problem. Both of you hated each other's guts. You don't know when it started and despite everything, you and Tom agreed that Mason was definitely the result of angry sex. In fact, that was the last intimate moment you had together. After having Mason, yours and Tom's love life just went downhill. You loved your kids, but you weren't sure if you loved each other anymore. For the first time in 14 years, you and Tom questioned your relationship.

You and Tom have been together since you were 16. You got married at 23, had Jacob at 24 and had Mason at 26. Now you and Tom are 34 years old and both of you can't be bothered to make a third child. In Tom's words, 'FUCK THAT SHIT.'