traitor - h. osterfield

2, 552 words
w: angst (but u already knew that), cheating, sorry if it sucks, curse words
italics are flashbacks, i have nothing against these people. this is fiction.

* * * *

Selfish.

According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, the word 'selfish' is an adjective that means "concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself: seeking or concentrating on one's own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others". When someone is described as selfish, it's always seen as a negative thing and it should be. Being selfish isn't a good thing and the only time you can be selfish is when you choose yourself for the first time after being selfless.

You and Harrison have been dating for two years and have been engaged for six months. If asked by anyone, you'd tell them that it's been the best two years and six months of your life. In reality, the last three months of your relationship have been disappointing. Your stomach churned whenever you greeted Harrison at the door when he came home from work and you felt sick whenever Harrison ignored you.

Let's go back to the beginning, shall we?

Harrison's acting career has been dry. It made his mental health deteriorate and it made your heart break to see the man you love going through his lowest moment in life. He loved acting way more than modeling and it saddened him deeply. On a lighter note, he knew that no matter what happens in his life, you'll always be there at the end of the day to kiss his worries away. For that, he was extremely grateful to have you. That was part of the reason why he proposed.

You were staring at him wide eyed as both of you sat on the couch, facing each other. It wasn't fancy nor was it extravagant. It was just you and him eating Chinese food while watching 'Girl From Nowhere' Season 2 on Netflix. It wasn't how you imagined to be proposed to, but it was still a spontaneous and private proposal and that made you love it.

"I, uh, I had everything planned, but I feel like this is the right time." Harrison said as he looked at you nervously while holding the black velvet box in his hands. He carefully opened it and said, "I had this whole speech, but fuck it. I'll just say everything from my heart. Y/N, I love you so fucking much and I know that you're the right one for me. You stuck with me through the good and the bad and I loved you even more for it. You took care of me and you loved me even if I was saying mean stuff when I'm mad. With you, I could face every challenge because at the end of the day, I'll see you and everything will be ten times better. That being said, I want to wake up next to you everyday for the rest of my life and I want to be there for you for as long as you'll have me. Will you-"

"Yes." You nodded with tears streaming down your face. He smiled at you as you both cried tears of joy. He slipped the ring on your finger before kissing you passionately. It was a night that you'll never forget. Everyone freaked out when you told them and they were excited for both of you.

After getting engaged, Harrison's life shifted. He was happier and he was slowly getting better with your help. He loved staying at home now and he was more domestic. He actually felt like a stay-at-home husband already and he didn't mind. He took this time as a break from acting, so that he could focus more on his mental health before going back and auditioning.

His modeling career, however, was booming. His pictures were everywhere and he keeps getting calls from different brands to model their clothes. He didn't accept them all because he wasn't ready. Now that he was getting better, he accepted some of the offers and went back to work. Of course, you tagged along just like you always did.

He was doing a photoshoot for some high-end brand today and you were excited for him. He deserved the world and seeing him in his element made you proud. Just like before, it was the same routine. Harrison would pose for pictures and you would stand behind the camera to watch him. Sometimes, you'd walk around or just go to the snack table to make small talk with some people. That's when you met her.