Would You (II) - A. Russell

Requested? Nah
318 words
Would You Series inspired by 'Would You' by The Vamps

"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐈 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰"

You always felt like something was wrong with your relationship with Arvin. You just didn't know what it was. The Lord knows you spent countless nights laying awake in bed staring at the ceiling just wondering what the matter is. You couldn't tell Arvin because then he'd ask what you think is wrong and you wouldn't have an answer. But you didn't want this feeling to be swept under the rug because it'll ruin your relationship.

It wasn't until you kissed him for the first time when you realized that his feelings weren't in it. It's like something's bothering him deep down, but he wouldn't tell you. The reason? You didn't know, but you wish you knew.

"Are we okay, Arv?" You asked him one day while he was driving you to your job. He glanced at you before turning back to the road.

"Don't be silly, now. 'Course we are. Why'd you ask?" He questioned and you just gave him a small smile and shook your head.

"Nothing. I just had this dream that we weren't okay. It looked real and I just wanted to make sure because I heard from Marie that dreams mean somethin'." You said. Well, it was half true. Marie did tell you about dreams meaning something, but you never dreamt about anything. It was your only way of subtly asking him if something was wrong.

You arrived at your work and Arvin turns to you, "I'll pick you up when your shift is over."

"Okay. See you then." You smile before exiting the car. Arvin just sat there as he watched you walk inside the small grocery shop, asking himself if something was bugging you. After all, he's clueless when it comes to relationships. You're his first and he's going to make sure that you'll be his last too.

He just needs to learn how to relax and go with the flow.