Winning Season - T. Holland

Requested? Nah
851 words
Bff!Tom

* * * *

"Hey, best friend!" Tom said to you with a smile as soon as he saw you walking in. He met you halfway and engulfed you in a big hug which you gladly returned. He pulled away and said, "How are you? It's been, like, forever!"

"I know, right?!" You laughed. "I'm more than alright, though. How are you? How's life?"

"I'm great! I actually feel better now that you're here because it's been a long time since we've worked on a movie together." He pouted before looking at you with a teasing smile. "How was the honeymoon?"

"I won't go into detail-"

"We both know that you will and I'm used to it." He laughed as you both walked to his trailer.

"Fine." You shook your head with a smile.

A few weeks ago, you just got married to the love of your life: Alex Lawther. Of course, Tom was invited and he was so happy for you! He even cried that day. You thought he cried more than you and Alex did combined which made both of you laugh.

Prior to your wedding, you kept winning awards here and there and Tom claimed that it was your winning season. He was very supportive and he really is your best friend and platonic soulmate. He was your Joey to your Phoebe. Without him, you wouldn't know what to do. He even helped Alex propose to you because he loved both of you so much.

After three years of not working together, you finally get to work with Tom again. You were excited and Tom made everything feel easy because you were comfortable around him.

When you arrived at Tom's trailer, he immediately offered you champagne and you politely declined, hoping he'd get the hint. But he didn't. He gave you bottled water instead and you happily took it.

"Where's Alex?" Tom asked. "I haven't seen him in a while too and Haz and I want to hang out with him."

"He has a lot of photoshoots and he's shooting a movie at the moment." You told him with a proud look on your face. "We've been looking for houses as well."

"Do you need help? I know this neighborhood that has a lot of vacant houses. The plus is that you'll live near me!" Tom said excitedly and that made you laugh.

"You should come with us next time, then." You smiled at him. You talked for a few minutes before going back on set. You quickly made your way to your trailer to get dressed in your costume before walking out again. You didn't need to put makeup because the director told you not to. The movie you're shooting is called: "Love of the Evening".

Your character, Eileen Ford, is a normal girl from a small town who recently moved to the city for a job opportunity. You meet Maxwell Archer Reid, Tom's character, who's a troubled bachelor and a rich man's only son. Maxwell and Eileen meet one night and Maxwell decides to please his father by bringing Eileen as his date at a gala.

The director wanted to direct the gala scene first, so you and Tom were dressed your best as you went into your places.

INT. REID MANSION - NIGHT

Max and Eileen enter the mansion. Max puts a hand around Eileen's waist. Eileen leans closer to Max. A waiter passes by with a tray of drinks.

WAITER

May I interest you in some beverages, Mr. Reid?

MAX

(glances at Eileen)

Babe, do you want champagne?

EILEEN

Champagne, please.

MAX

(looks at the waiter)

You heard her.

WAITER

(hands Eileen a glass of champagne)

EILEEN

Thank you. (smiles)

That should have been an easy scene for you, but you pretended to hesitate and the director called, "Cut! Y/N, what's wrong?" The director was in on the plan.

"Is this real champagne?" You asked as Tom looked at you with concern.

"Yes, dear." The director nodded. "What's the matter?"

"Can I have a different drink? I can't drink champagne." You said, biting your lip. Tom looked at the floor as he thought of reasons why you couldn't drink champagne, but his eyes widened as he looked at you and gasped.

"I THINK I KNOW WHY. OH MY GOD." Tom said in shock.

"Are you thinking what I think you're thinking?" You asked quietly.

"I think so. What're you thinking?" Tom whispered. "I'll count to three and we'll say it together."

"Okay."

"1...2...3! You're pregnant!"

"I'm pregnant!"

Tom covered his mouth with his hands before hugging you. You hugged back and laughed. He pulled away and saw your assistant filming both of you.

"Everyone knew but me?!" Tom shrieked.

"Surprise!" You giggled. "Alex thought this would be a great way to tell you."

"I'm very surprised!" Tom grinned. "Congratulations, love. I'm so happy for you! I told you it's your winning season."

"Thank you." You teared up with a smile on your face. Tom hugged you once more before letting you go and re-doing the scene. This time, you asked for iced tea and not champagne.

* * * * 

thank u for 12.8k <3