Michael Scott (V) - T. Holland

Requested? Nah.
1,119 words
Based on Michael Scott quotes. As usual, the one in bold is the quote.

* * * *

"And then I told her, 'you don't know me; you've just seen my penis!' Man, you should've seen the look on her face!" Tom told Harry and Sam as they erupt into a fit of laughter.

"That's the story of how I broke up with Julia." Tom said, sitting back on his chair.

"Why did you break up with her again?" Sam asked. Harry looked at him and said, "Were you not listening?"

"No, I wasn't because I have my own life to focus on. So, why did they break up?" Sam said with sass, causing Harry to roll his eyes.

"Julia cheated on him, like, a bunch of times." Harry said, before turning to Tom. "I'm glad you finally got rid of her."

"Same here." Tom smiled. "You know what they say: fool me once, strike one, but fool me twice, strike three."

"That makes no sense, but I'm happy for you." Sam said. "Anyway, I have to go. The restaurant won't cook its own food."

"Yeah, I'll head out too. The film won't direct itself." Harry said as he and Sam stood up.

"Thanks for coming, guys!" Tom waved from his seat as he watched his younger brothers leave. Being the CEO of a company at such a young age was truly scary, but Tom managed to push through. Besides, his brothers were always there for him.

Tom started working as soon as his brothers left and the work was getting really tiring and boring. Due to his boredom, he called you in, his assistant. You knocked and walked in, "You wanted to see me, Mr. Holland?"

He smiled, "Yes, come in!"

You went in and closed the door behind you. He motioned for you to sit in front of him and you did. You were holding a few folders against your chest before laying them on your lap. Tom kept his gaze on you as he smiled. You awkwardly smiled too.

"I just- I realized that I never really got to know you." Tom told you. "So, what's the gossip?"

"Excuse me?" You asked, hearing if you heard your boss correctly.

Tom shrugged, "The gossip, the tea. Or whatever you kids call it these days."

"I'm just the same age as your brothers, sir." You told him and he nodded.

"I know that, but y'know." He shrugged. "It won't hurt to know things about my employees. I want to be a good boss, y'know?"

You didn't say anything. You just nodded.

"Anything happened recently? Any hot topics in the break room? C'mon!" Tom said. You looked around to see if there were hidden cameras or anything because you had sworn to secrecy. Your colleagues took a while to warm up to you because you worked directly to, with, and for the boss. They were afraid that you'd tell Tom what they were saying. Besides, there's a line between office gossip and telling the boss. You were the line.

You shook your head in hesitation, "I don't- I don't think so. I mean, not that I know of."

"You hesitated which means there is gossip! Spill!" Tom chuckled. "I won't tell anyone. If you don't tell me, I'll fire you."

Your jaw dropped and began to reason as to why you deserve the job and Tom laughed at you, "It's a joke! You should've seen your face! It was so funny!"

"It's not a funny joke. That's not appropriate." You glared.

"There's no such thing as an appropriate joke. That's why it's a joke." Tom said and cleared his throat. "Anyway, tell me."

"Fine." You said and began to think of not-so-hot gossip that was told to you. "Well, last week David's mom just found out about the internet and told him, "Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject, so you know you are getting the best possible information." There's that."

Tom giggled, "What else?"

"Um.." You said and started thinking again. "At Trent's party last Saturday, we played a drunk game of 'would you rather' and-"

"Trent threw a party and I wasn't invited?" Tom frowned. "I thought we were best buds."

"Well, it's just uncomfortable to have your boss at your party." You explained. Tom was saddened by that and you immediately thought 'oh shit I'll get fired for real'.

"Do I make you guys uncomfortable?" Tom asked quietly.

"N-No! No, of course not! We just feel like it's weird to invite you because you're our boss. Isn't there a rule to that? Like, a boss can't hang out with their employees?" You said and he shook his head.

"No, I don't think so." Tom said. "I believe that all of us should make friends, first. Make sales, second. Make love, third; in no particular order."

"How... philosophical and inspirational." You lied. "You should be a guru or something."

"Thank you! Anyway, I have a question for you." Tom said and you nodded. "Would you rather be feared or loved?"

You thought for a second and smirked, "Would I rather be feared or loved? Um, easy; both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

Tom laughed and clapped his hands, "That's fucking clever! We should hang out often."

"I guess." You snorted.

"Do you play instruments? We could, like, jam together. My brother, Sam, plays the piano. I can play guitar. We could be like a band!" He said excitedly.

"I'm useless. I can't play instruments, but my younger brother plays the flute. I can invite him." You offered and he nodded.

"That could work!" Tom said and you laughed. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing, it's just this stupid thing that I always tell him about his talent for playing the flute." You giggled.

"What is it?" Tom asked with a smile.

"I tell him that his lips are for blowing." You laughed causing Tom to laugh too.

"That's what she said!" Tom laughed and slapped his knee. Both of you laughed for a good minute before calming down. "I'm fucking glad I hired you, Y/N." Tom said as he wiped a tear from his eye. You just smiled at him.

"You may now leave. That's all I wanted to ask. I'll text you if I need anything." Tom said as you stood up.

"Wow, you sound like a pimp." You joked and he cackled at that. You walked out of his office and Tom immediately called his mother.

"Hello! Is anything wrong?" Nikki asked and Tom shook his head with a goofy smile on his face.

"Nothing's wrong. I just think I found the one. She's really funny. You'll LOVE her, mum. I might ask her out soon."