Performance - S. Holland

Requested? Yes.

mah-gah-lee from Tumblr asked: hey sweetie! hope you feel any better now. So for your monday 90's prompt : 15 - 31 maybe Sam ? Cause Sam is so sweet ! So yeah, Sam ! love u! don't hesitate to go and talk to me, you know ;)

15. "Don't let anyone ever make you feel like you don't deserve what you want."
31. "Can I stay for a while?" "You can stay forever."

Sam knocked on your door before entering

Sam knocked on your door before entering. He saw you in bed, covered in a big, fluffy blanket. You were crying and he frowned at the sight.

"Y/N, why aren't you dressed yet? It's your big night." Sam smiled excitedly, trying to hype you up. He was dressed in a tux and you noticed that he got a haircut just for your event. He walked towards you and sat on your bed. "C'mon, we need to go or you'll be late."

"I'm not going." You sniffed, wiping you tears away. He frowned, "What's wrong?"

"I just- I feel like I don't belong there and everyone is already getting along with each other and I feel like an outsider. Then one person is so mean to me and I didn't even do anything to them! It's so fucked up, Sam." You cried.

"Okay, calm down. What did they say?" Sam said softly as he pushed your hair out of your face with his fingers.

"They said I wasn't good enough to be the lead role and that I didn't deserve the role. So I'm just staying here." You cried.

"Oh, Y/N." Sam sighed before pulling you into a hug. "If you stay here, you're just giving them the satisfaction of being 'right'." He pulled away and wipes your tears.

"Don't let anyone ever make you feel like you don't deserve what you want. You deserve the world, Y/N. Don't let anyone say otherwise." Sam assured you. "They're a dick and usually I would have the time to kick someone's arse, but now's not the time. We have a show to catch."

"What if I suck out there?" You asked and he shook his head.

"I don't want to sound harsh, but you'll really suck if you let any of that shit get in your head. You need to power through, love. Prove to them that you deserve to be there; that you deserve that role. You worked so hard and that person is just one out of a lot of people who will bring you down. You can't please everyone, Y/N, but you can please yourself. If you're satisfied with your performance and if everyone sees that, they'll love you; I promise you that. But right now, you have to get up and get ready because people are on their way to the theater just to see you. Don't you realize how amazing that is?" Sam said and you smiled a bit.

"You're right." You kissed his cheek and got out of bed to take a quick shower and get dressed. Sam smiled and fixed your bed while waiting. "Your costume's in your dressing room, right?"

"Yup! I just need my bag and I'm ready to go."

After fifteen minutes, you finished getting ready and Sam drove both of you to the theater. You quickly rushed backstage with Sam following behind you. You had your own dressing room and you were quickly putting your makeup on.

"Is there anything you need? Water or-?" Sam asked as he stood by the door.

"No, thank you." You said as you contoured your face. Sam just stood there, looking at you.

"Can I stay?" Sam asked and you looked at him through the mirror with a big smile on your face.

"After talking some sense into me? Of course you can stay. In fact, you can stay forever." You chuckled before continuing with your makeup. Seeing an empty chair next to you, Sam sat down and watched you get ready.

When you were done with everything, Sam couldn't help but take a picture of you dressed in your costume. "You'll kill it out there." Sam reassured.

"Thank you." You smiled.

"I'll go to my seat now, yeah? Mum's probably wondering where I am." Sam laughed.

"Oh, they're here?" You asked with wide eyes. He nodded, "I told them that my girlfriend is going to be in a musical and they wanted to watch too."

"Oh, that's nice of them." Your heart warmed knowing that his family loved and supported you.

"I love you, okay? And as they say in theater, break a leg." Sam chuckled, kissing you lightly on your lips, careful not to ruin your lipstick. Sam quickly walked out and went to find his seat.

"Where were you? You were gone a long time." Nikki said as Sam sat next to her.

"I had to talk some sense into Y/N. Turns out, she wasn't here when we arrived. I had to pick her up from her house." Sam said. "But everything's alright now. She'll be amazing."

And you were. You got a standing ovation and critics loved your performance. Although some people weren't happy, you didn't mind because Sam was there for you through it all.