Love Documentary - H. Holland

Pairing: Harry x Reader
Requested? Nah.
3,470 words
TW; one mention of death, heartbreaking

* * * *

"Hi everyone! I'm Harry Holland and what you're about to see, are short interviews that I did with people as I ask about what great love really is. Sit back, relax, and enjoy this love-filled journey."

-

"Are you ready?" Harry asked and the old couple looked at him and nodded with a smile. Harry smiled too and started filming them. "So, how did you two meet?"

"We were childhood best friends." The old man smiled as he reminisced the early days of his childhood. "I was a hopeless romantic and she wasn't, but it all worked out in the end."

"He was really cheesy." The old man's wife added with a laugh as she reminisced, causing Harry to laugh too. "He recited lines from movies just to get me to be with him. It was like he knew that we'd end up together."

"Did the lines work?" Harry asked.

"They didn't, but look where we are now." The old lady smiled at her husband.

"We've been married for 60 years." The old man proudly said.

"Are you each other's greatest love?" Harry asked.

"I'd say we are." The old man responded as the old lady nodded in agreement.

"We are."

"So, for you, what is great love?" Harry asked. That was the important question. He needed that to be answered.

"Great love is loving someone unconditionally. No matter what happens between the two of you, you'll still love them." The old lady answered. "Right?" She looked at her husband.

"Right."

-

Harry sits behind the camera as he watches the old man sit comfortably in his seat. The old man nods at Harry, signaling that he's ready to be interviewed. Harry smiled softly and started recording.

"Please tell me your name, sir."

"My name is Henry and I'm 82 years old." Henry, the old man, said. Harry nodded before looking down on his notebook to write Henry's name and age. After doing so, he read the question that he wrote there earlier.

"Who is your great love?" Harry asked.

"That's easy; it's my wife." Henry answered with a sweet smile. "She's the loveliest person you'll ever meet and she makes the most delicious pancakes from scratch."

"She sounds lovely." Harry smiled. "How long have you two been married?"

"55 years this year, but this will be the first time I'll be celebrating without her. She passed away five months ago." Henry shared. The sadness was evident in his eyes and it made Harry sad.

"How did you two meet?"

"We met at a car repair shop. She was the mechanic and I was there getting my car fixed. She was the only girl I've ever been with and I have no regrets. Everyday, she loved me like there was no tomorrow. No one's ever loved me like that and I will forever yearn for it." Henry said, not bothering to wipe the tears streaming down his face.

"And, what's great love for you?" Harry asked.

"For me, great love is being an all in one person for your one and only person. You're the best friend, the sidekick, the lover; everything. When you meet your great love, you wouldn't find anyone else." Henry answered.

𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 & 𝐡𝐚𝐳 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟐जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें