Pride And Joy - P. Parker

Stark!Peter x Reader - both aged up
Requested? Nah.
3,621 words
W: curse words, a bit of smut (omg and it's a no for minors), cheating, pregnancy, virginity loss, just Peter being a rich kid that's all, character death

* * * *

"It's literally a big deal, Peter! You know this award means so much to me and you didn't even attend the opening!" Gwen yelled in anger. Peter was supposed to be Gwen's plus one at an awarding ceremony for doctors. She won the AMA Foundation Award for Health Education and it meant so much to her. It was understandable that she was royally pissed at Peter.

Peter scoffed as he sat down on the couch with his feet on top of the coffee table. The small table next to the couch had his scotch on top of it. The glass had droplets of water running down it because of condensation. Peter grabbed the glass and took a sip from it as Gwen, his long time girlfriend, kept yelling at him. Peter kept making faces as Gwen yelled. She finally took notice of this and shouted, "Are you even listening, Peter?! God! You're so out of touch lately! I don't even talk to you anymore!"

"Oh, shut up, Gwen!" Peter rolled his eyes. "You're a pain in the ass, you know that?!" Peter stood up from the couch and walked to the door.

"Where are you going?? We're not done here, Peter! I'm still talking to you!"

Peter turned his head to look at her and said, "Yeah? Well, I'm done talking to you! Without me, you wouldn't even have your award and you wouldn't even attend medical school because you couldn't afford it! Let's not forget that I paid for your tuition fee and for everything else related to your studies. You don't see me bragging about it, now do you?!"

Gwen shook her head as tears streamed down her face, "You're such an asshole."

"I've been called worse by better." Peter said sassily before leaving the house. The door shook as he slammed it, making Gwen jump back in surprise. She retreated to hers and Peter's shared bedroom and cried herself to sleep.

Meanwhile, Peter went to his favorite bar and drank the night away there. That's where he met you. You were the new singer in the club and it was your first night on the job. It wasn't your ideal job, but it pays the bills. Besides, you were thankful that you got a decent voice. Otherwise, you'd be waitressing and you didn't have the patience to deal with people in general.

Peter loved your voice. It made him sober despite drinking copious amounts of alcohol. He just sat there and listened and hummed along to the songs he knew. When it was your break, he approached you.

You and the band were talking, getting to know each other when Peter tapped your shoulder. You turned around and smiled at him. Plus, he was cute. "Hi!" You greeted.

"Hey." He smirked. "You're a really good singer. I'm Peter." He offered his hand for you to shake and you gladly took it. "I know. You're, like, everywhere." You giggled. "I'm Y/N."

"Nice to meet you, Y/N." Peter said before carefully letting go of your hand. He smiled to himself as he thought of your name rolling off on his tongue. It sounded right.

"Would you like to grab a drink with me?" Peter asked politely. "I'd love to get to know you."

"I'd love to, but I'm about to sing in a minute." You said. "But my shift ends in an hour, if you're still up by then."

"I'll wait." Peter winked as he walked to a new table, closer to where you were performing. He called for a waiter and ordered a drink as he watched you get ready.

You took a sip of water and turned on your mic. You slightly leaned forward and spoke through it, "Hi, everybody! I'm now back for my second set. This next song is for the people who recently got cheated on by their man-"