good 4 u - h. holland

1,589 words
sorry for the shit ending ?? bc i didnt know how to end it lmao
italics are flashbacks

* * * *

"Babe, you didn't have to spoil me." You chuckled.

"You deserve it, love. You deserve the world." Harry looked at you lovingly before pressing a sweet kiss on your lips.

-

"I really want to be a professional photographer and filmmaker, you know?" Harry told you one day. Both of you were lying wide awake in bed, staring at the ceiling. Both of you couldn't sleep, so you talked about random things.

"I believe in you, Harry. I believe in you more than anyone or anything. You can do just that. I support you." You smiled as you turned your head to face him. He looked at you and grinned, "So, you think I'm really going to be those things?"

"Yeah. Why not? You're an amazing photographer and filmmaker. Believe in yourself, Harry. My faith in you will be nothing if you don't believe in yourself. Trust me." You told him.

"That's true. You're right." Harry said before yawning.

"I'm always right." You curled up against him and rested your head on his chest. He chuckled and kissed the top of your head.

-

"Harry, where are you? I've been waiting out here for an hour now." You said through the phone. Harry said he'd pick you up from your university, but he wasn't there yet. Then it began to rain heavily, causing you to run to the nearest shade. You were cold, wet, and impatient.

"I'll be there in a while. See you later!" Harry hung up.

After thirty minutes, Harry finally arrived. You quickly got in and sighed in relief when you realized the whole car was warm.

"What took you so long?" You asked him.

"My car's acting up. I hate this old piece of shit." Harry grumbled as he tried to start the car. After five tries, it finally worked.

"You need a new car." You laughed.

"Yeah, I do." He chuckled.

-

"I hope I'm not interrupting your sleepover or whatever." Harry said quietly through the phone. You were at your friend, Elouise's slumber party because it was her birthday.

"No, you're not. We're just watching a movie and I've seen this movie a bunch of times." You assured him. You walked out of the living room and went to the kitchen. You sat on the bar stool and asked, "What's up?"

"Mum and dad are just being mean, that's all." Harry sighed.

"I know you're about to cry, so just let it out. Talk to me." You said softly. Harry started sobbing and telling you about his fight with his parents.

"Y/N/N, I got offered an apprenticeship in Dublin. That's the biggest opportunity I've ever received and they're stopping me. It's like they don't want me to succeed, but when Tom wants something done, they let him. It's so fucking tiring. I never asked them for anything and the one time I do, they say shit. It's unfair." He sobbed and your heart broke for him.

"I feel you. I legit feel the same way, but we just have to prove them wrong, yeah? You'll make it big and what they say won't matter as much anymore. They love you and they just want what's best for you, but sometimes they don't exactly know what's best for you. It's weird, I swear. Just prove them wrong. You'll get another opportunity again and when you get that, it'll be bigger than that apprenticeship in Dublin." You told him with a small smile on your face.