Would You (IV) - H. Holland

Requested? Nah
266 words
Would You Series inspired by 'Would You' by The Vamps

"𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧' 𝐦𝐲 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞. 𝐈 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐞"

You've had your heart broken too many times to the point where you realize when it's about to break. Love is a game and you're simply a player who plays along with different players.

It used to hurt whenever your heart gets broken, but now you're used to it. That's why you weren't hurt as much when you noticed that Harry was distancing himself and straight up lying to you. He knew you hated that and the mere fact that he's doing the things you hate says a lot. He doesn't even have to explain himself.

You chuckled to yourself when you realized that you were better off without him; you didn't need him to be whole. You're already whole and you're independent. You don't need someone who doesn't give their all in the relationship. You know you'll meet the right one at the right time.

So, you grabbed a piece of paper and wrote something for Harry before packing your things and leaving. When Harry got home, your things were gone and he noticed a piece of paper on his night stand. It was a poem that you wrote.

Love is like a game.

Level one is when you know their name.

Level two is when you know them more.

Level three is when you feel they're worth fighting for.

Suddenly, on the last level, you get hurt.

You find out they're no good and realize your worth.

You feel awake and sober,

When you realize the game is over.

Harry finished reading and looked around. That's when he realized you were done with him.

* * * *

lol i wrote that poem when i was 17 and i figured i'd add it here bc it fits the story