deja vu - a. russell

modern!arvin, richkid!arvin
2,023 words
w: swear words
italics are flashbacks, bold is a song playing on the radio

* * * *

"Hello?"

"Y/N, honey, I'm picking you up. Dad bought me a new car and I figured we could go for a long drive." Arvin said through the phone. "I packed a few things and you should start packing now."

"Where are we going?" You asked, smiling from ear to ear as you got out of bed to pack a few things.

"Malibu." Arvin said. "I mean, we could fly out there, but I'd rather drive there because it'll just be you and me."

"That's really sweet of you." You gushed. "Anyway, I'm packing my stuff now. Ring me when you're almost here and I'll wait outside."

"Alright. See you in a while. I love you."

"I love you too." You smiled and hung up. You were excitedly packing your things as you thought of your spontaneous getaway with your boyfriend of a year. You met Arvin when you were brought as a plus one at his family's gala. It was extravagant and you felt so out of place. Your friend, Stephen, decided that he'd bring you as his date so that the public would know who you are. You're an actress, but you only starred in indie films and short films. You dreamed of making it in Hollywood and Stephen thought that attending the Russell's Gala would be perfect.

A lot of rich people were there and you engaged in a conversation with some of them before being swept away by Stephen. "I was talking to someone." You gave him a look and he apologized.

"I know, but I'll introduce you to one of my friends. He's a fan of your work, you know." Stephen smirked.

"Did he become a fan of mine because of that indie film I did? You know, the one with the nudity?" You jokingly asked.

"Maybe." Stephen shrugged. He tapped a guy on the shoulder and when the guy turned around, your eyes met his and from there, you felt something; a spark.

"Arvin, this is-"

"Y/N Y/L/N. It's a pleasure to meet you." Arvin shook your head with a sly smile on his face. "I've seen all of your work and I'm a huge fan."

"Oh, thank you! I've never had a fan before." You chuckled lightly.

"Don't be silly, Y/N. You have plenty of fans. You just haven't met all of them." Arvin replied. Stephen took this time to slip out of your small group and left you alone with Arvin. You hit it off from there and soon, your pictures of you and him on dates circulated the internet until you confirmed that you two were dating. The rest is history.

Arvin arrived at your home and you were already outside. You grinned and ran towards his new car to put your suitcase at the back before getting in the passenger seat. You kissed his cheek and he smiled before driving again.

"What were you doing before I called you?" He asked, his eyes not leaving the road.

"I was just reading my lines. I brought it with me so that I could do a bit of reading." You smiled. "What about you? What did you do to get a new car?"

"They sold my old car and as a birthday gift, they bought me a new one." He shrugged, acting like it wasn't a big deal. To him, it wasn't. He's a rich kid after all.

Uptown girl, she's been living in her uptown world

I bet she never had a backstreet guy

I bet her mama never told her why

I'm gonna try for an uptown girl

You looked at each other and grinned as 'Uptown Girl' played on the radio. He sang along, "She's been living in her white bread world. As long as anyone with hot blood can and now she's looking for a downtown man. That's what I am."