Better (I) - P. Parker

Requested? Nah
357 words
Part 1: Would You (I)
Better Series inspired by 'Better' by The Vamps

"𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐈 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐭"

You and Peter never spoke to each other anymore after your conversation in the hallway. Both of you were deeply hurt and it pained Peter to see you really sad just because of the complications of being in a relationship with you. Well, to him it was complicated. To you, it wasn't.

Eventually, you moved on from him. A new family moved into the apartment next door and your mom asked you to give them the cookies she made. You went next door and met the neighbor's son, Hugo. Apparently, he's partly French and that intrigued you. Both of you started hanging out a lot after that.

Unfortunately, Hugo didn't go to school at Midtown but you guys would hang out after school and every weekend. He was your new favorite person. To make things better, you were his favorite person too.

Peter noticed a sudden change in you as the day passed by. He noticed you leaving school in a rush, during lunch you're always texting and smiling at your phone, and you were happier than ever.

He was happy that you were happy, but he wanted to know what was causing it. He knew he shouldn't, but he decided to follow you around to see what or who was making you happy.

When he found out that it was some guy, his heart broke. He knew it was his fault and he couldn't blame you for finding someone better than him and he knew you deserve the best.

"You can't expect Y/N to wait around for you forever." MJ told him once as Ned nodded in agreement. "Y/N has every right to date whoever and you shouldn't say shit because it's your fault."

"I know! It's just-"

"Y/N didn't want to settle for less. In this situation, you're the 'less'." Ned said.

"Ouch." Peter said with a frown, clearly upset with what Ned said.

"I'm just being honest. You gave Y/N mixed signals and I'd straight up do the same." Ned shrugged.

"Same." MJ said before reading her book once more. Peter looked at his friends and sighed. They were right.