Michael Scott (III) - H. Osterfield

Requested? Nah
624 words
Based on Michael Scott quotes. As usual, the one in bold is the quote.

* * * *

Harrison recently found joy in online shopping and it drove you insane. Everyday, there'd be a package for Harrison and most of the time, he's not even home to claim it. It's already been paid for, but you really didn't have the energy to get up and answer the door everyday. You have now reached a point where you leave a note on your door telling the delivery person to leave it by the door. Harrison would come home to see the door blocked by 4-5 packages and he'd smile really big and get it all in the house.

He's addicted to online shopping. You're literally close to calling TLC to sign Harrison up for 'My Strange Addiction'. Today, you've had enough of his splurging. All the things he bought are now in the guest room and he leaves it there.

"Haz, we need to talk." You told him as soon as he walked in the house with two packages that he took from the front porch. He shrugged and said, "Let's talk in the guest room."

Harrison made his way to the guest room and you followed behind him and started talking. "Haz, you know that I love you a lot and I care about you-"

"I love and care about you too, babe." Harrison said as he took the last step and walked to the guest room. He took out the key to the guest room and unlocked the door.

"Yes, that's sweet. Thank you." You said quickly. "But I can't help but notice your money spending habits and I'm concer-"

"Wait out here." Harrison told you before going in the guest room and closing the door before you could get in. "Go ahead! I'm listening!" He shouted through the door and you heard some ruffling and shuffling.

"Okay, um..." You trailed off, not knowing where to begin. "I just care about you, y'know? I'm concerned that you're buying a lot of stuff that you don't even need and I don't want you to waste your money because you don't know what'll happen in the future. You should really save your money so that you're financially secure in case anything happens. At least you have money in your bank account, right?"

"Also, instead of spending so much on useless stuff, just donate the money to charity. Seriously. I'm not even sure if you're listening!" You sighed. "Haz? Hello?"

Harrison opened the door and he was wearing a really thick jacket that was made for skiing, rain boots, a beanie, a dungaree underneath the skiing jacket and an ugly Christmas sweater underneath the dungaree. It was a... horrid outfit worn by one of the most stylish men you've ever known.

"Haz, I-" You said. You literally had no words. You didn't know what to say. He smiled and turned around to show you.

"Do you like it?" Harrison asked when he faced you. You shook your head, "No, I don't. What's all this for? You're hoarding on random shit!"

"These new things are for me and you! My old clothes are the things I'll donate and old shoes too. The things in here are stuff to replace the ones we'll donate. We have it."

"Have what?"

"It." Harrison said as if you knew what he was talking about. You raised your eyebrows and waited for him to explain.

He rolled his eyes, "SWAG. Stuff We All Get."

You squeezed your eyes shut and pinched the bridge of your nose, "I understand nothing."

"You'll get it soon." Harrison said before closing the door again and leaving you in the hallway. You opened your eyes, crossed your arms, and told yourself, "This man will be the death of me in both good and bad ways."