First Meeting - S. Holland

Requested? Yes

samhollandscupcake from Tumblr asked: Prompt 34 & 35 for Sam

34. "Are you in my class?" "I am today."
35. "You dick!"

You weren't Sam's friend

You weren't Sam's friend. He didn't even know you at all, but he always found you interesting ever since you arrived late in class. You were so smug and chill about it. It's like you didn't even care. You glanced at him that day and winked. He looked forward to your presence everyday since then.

Sam looked at your seat and it was empty. He looked at his watch and realized that class started nearly an hour ago and he knew that you'd walk in class soon. He looked back at the teacher and paid attention, but when he did, the door opened and you walked in with a paper bag from McDonald's on one hand and a cup of hot chocolate on the other.

"Ms. Y/L/N." The teacher, Mr. Gonzales, said sternly. You looked at him with a serious look on your face, mocking him.

"Mr. Gonzales." You nodded at him and went straight to your seat.

"You're always late! Are you even supposed to be here? Are you in my class?" Mr. Gonzales said.

You sat on your seat and looked at him, "I am today."

Mr. Gonzales shook his head and continued teaching while you sat and ate your breakfast peacefully. Halfway through your breakfast, Mr. Gonzales called you out for eating in class.

"I didn't get to eat breakfast." You rolled your eyes.

"That's not my fault. Get out of my classroom." Mr. Gonzales said as he walked towards your seat. You didn't even flinch or move. You just continued eating.

"Leave your food as well. That's your punishment." Mr. Gonzales added.

Sam saw this, gasped, and unintentionally said, "You dick!"

Mr. Gonzales turned to him with raised eyebrows, the rest of the class looked at him in shock, and you looked at him biting back your laughter. "Mr. Holland!" Mr. Gonzales raised his voice.

"W-Well in my defense, that was harsh." Sam explained.

"Right. Ms. Y/L/N and Mr. Holland, please leave my classroom." You left your food on your desk and grabbed your things. Sam sighed and got ready to leave, but stopped when he saw you pick up your half empty hot chocolate. You opened the lid and spit in it and handed it to Mr. Gonzales.

"Enjoy!" You grinned before leaving. Sam quickly followed behind you and he saw you walking towards the exit.

"Um, where are you going?" Sam asked.

"Out. I'm not coming back. Fuck school." You laughed. "I can come back tomorrow. Besides, I'm hungry. Let's eat!"

You exited the school with Sam and he held out his hand for you to shake, "I'm Sam."

"I'm Y/N." You shook his hand before letting it go. "I love what you said back there."

"I'm not usually like that."

You shrugged, "A little thing out of the norm never hurt anybody. I have a feeling that we'll be good friends."

Sam smiled and said, "Same."

"So, McDonald's? My treat."

* * * *

Written on: June 28, 2021