enough for you - p. parker

2,440 words
w: nothing triggering

* * * *

Peter Benjamin Parker.

His name alone made everyone swoon. Every girl wanted to be with him and every guy wanted to be him. He was smart, handsome, and he was fit; he was perfect. You admired him from afar because you knew you wouldn't stand a chance anyway. All of his ex-girlfriends were prom queens in high school and they're now cheerleaders for your university's rugby team. You weren't any of those. You didn't have a crown at home or a perfect body, but you had decent grades and while you're not particularly a size zero, you were healthy. You were just a regular person and you loved that. After all, keeping up with what society wanted was tiring and you saw how it wrecked other girls. You just didn't want to be part of that and you vowed to yourself that you'd never become like that.

So it surprised you when Peter Parker noticed you at all. Well, he sort of had to. Both of you were partnered up for a project and you two hit it off from there. You found out he was actually pretty nerdy and that he used to wear glasses. He wasn't afraid to show you his true self. Like how he preferred songs from the 80s and 90s. In the short amount of time, you fell for him hard.

You knew his coffee order by heart and you knew of his inner demons after a hearty 3am conversation on the phone. Because you liked him, you read all of his self-help books so that you knew what or how he was feeling. Your friends would say that your behaviour was becoming obsessive, but you didn't care. All you thought about was him and that's all that mattered.

It didn't take long for him to like you. He enjoyed your company and he enjoyed seeing you. He confessed that to you one day and asked you if you wanted to go to his frat party on Friday. You immediately agreed and on the days leading up to Friday, you instantly changed. You said goodbye to your old clothes and bought new, daring ones because you remembered that his exes wore stuff like that with full confidence. You bought makeup too with the help of Tiffany, the super nice popular girl who was your lab partner last semester. She taught you how to dress, how to act, how to flirt; everything you needed to learn.

By the time Friday came around, you were all set. Since Tiffany was invited, she offered to go there with you. She even gave you last minute tips on kissing and dancing. When you arrived, she was whisked away by her adorably shy boyfriend, Max. She looked at you and wiggled her eyebrows before paying attention to Max. You smiled at her and shook your head. You loved their tandem. They were opposites, but they made it work. You wished that you and Peter could be like that.

You looked around and saw Peter walking down the stairs with one of his frat brothers. They were talking about something and he turned his head and immediately saw you. He grinned and quickly walked over to where you were, completely ignoring his frat brother.

"You came!" He grinned and pulled you in for a quick hug. "That's what she said." He laughed. "Sorry about that. Michael Scott has been rubbing off on me. Have you watched The Office?"

"I've seen a few episodes." You said nervously, making a mental note to start watching the show so you could talk about it. Peter nodded and led you to the kitchen, "What do you want to drink?"

You saw a plethora of drinks just sitting there, waiting to be drunk by anyone. Peter laughed at you and shook his head. "Never drank alcohol before?" He asked sweetly and you bit your lip while shaking your head.

"Is that bad?" You asked him, worried that he might not like you anymore.

"That's actually pretty cute. I've never met a girl who has never picked up a bottle of alcohol before and it's kind of refreshing. You're like a breath of fresh air, sweetheart. Don't be shy about it." He smiled. You smiled and looked down to hide a smile on your face.