Better (V) - T. Holland

Requested? Nah
306 words
Part 1 of Would You (V)

"𝐖𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐭, '𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐠𝐨"

"Tom, we need to talk." You told him when he got home. He looked tired and you were feeling a little bit guilty for stopping him from going to your shared room, but you have to talk to him about what you've been feeling. After all, honesty is important in a relationship.

Tom sighed through his nose and just nodded. He was too tired to say anything. He walked to the living room and you followed him. Both of you sat down on the couch and it was silent for a minute before Tom decided to break it.

"What's up?" Tom asked before yawning.

"Do you hate me?" You asked and he looked at you with a confused expression as he shook his head. You nodded, "Okay. Why are you being cold, then?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." Tom said.

"You're always leaving me behind and you talk to me as if you're angry at me. If I did something wrong, I'm sorry. We've been married for five years now and you seem like you're already tired of me." You frowned. "I don't want to leave you and I want to stay with you because we can fix this. This is just a bump on the road and we can get over it. I love you, Tom."

"And I, you." He sighed. "I'm just tired of everything. I'm not mad at you and I won't ever be. Work's a pain in the ass, that's all." Tom explained. "But I promise you, things will be different. We've been together for years and I don't want those good years to go to waste. We've been through a lot together and I'm sure we can do this; we can get through this. We always do."

You looked at each other and smiled. That was enough for you.