Michael Scott (IV) - H. Holland

Requested? Nah
1,441 words
Based on Michael Scott quotes. As usual, the one in bold is the quote.

* * * *

You felt so awkward around Harry's brothers and friends. All of them were laughing about who did what and who said what. You tried to join in the conversation, but they'd always ignore you. You're Harry's new girlfriend and you understood that they were still warming up to you, but you just wanted to feel included.

Today, you were at a party and as usual, they were huddled in one corner laughing about god knows what. You downed your drink, for liquid courage, and walked over there.

Their laughter died down when they saw you and Harry smiled. "Hey, babe!" He smiled and kissed your cheek.

"What're you guys talking about?" You asked nicely, hoping that they'd let you in on the fun.

"We were just talking about some inside jokes that we have." Tuwaine answered with a small chuckle before looking down at his shoes which were suddenly more interesting than your presence.

"I love inside jokes. I'd love to be a part of one someday." You chuckled lightly and awkwardly. Sam snorted and took a big gup of his beer.

"That's nice, Y/N." Tom said with an amused look on his face. "I'm sure you'll be a part of an inside joke too... someday."

"Are you enjoying the party?" Harrison asked you. He changed the subject because it was too awkward.

"I'm kind of bored, so I decided to hang out with you guys." You smiled which made the others inwardly groan. Harry didn't notice this, of course.

"Oh, I see." Harrison nodded as he plastered an awkward smile on his face. "To be honest, we're bored too, but Gerard is our friend and he wanted us here so..."

"True." Harry nodded in agreement as he put an arm around you. It was quiet after that and one by one, the guys parted ways. Harry stayed by your side, though.

Unbeknownst to the two of you, the guys regrouped in the kitchen and Tuwaine let out a sigh of relief.

"That was so fucking awkward!" Tuwaine chuckled, careful not to chuckle so loud, even though you wouldn't hear it over the music, anyway. It's better to be safe, though.

"I know right! Let's not forget the 'I love inside jokes' thing." Tom held back his laughter as Harrison, Sam, and Tuwaine erupted into a fit of giggles.

"Y/N is so weird." Sam shook his head and helped himself with another beer.

It's not that they don't like you. They're just looking out for Harry. The girls before you only used Harry to get to Tom and they were afraid you were the same. The sad part is that they didn't even try to get to know you. They just assumed you wanted Harry to get closer to Tom. It was fucked. Harry didn't even know about it.

"I think they hate me, H." You frowned and Harry sighed.

"They'll come around soon. We've only been together for a month and I'm sure they're just warming up to you. Don't worry about it, okay?" Harry assured you and you smiled. He pecked your lips and held your hand.

"Wanna dance?" Harry asked with a smirk on his face. "I know you want to."

You grinned, "You know me too well." Both of you left your drinks on a table nearby and made your way to the center where everyone was swaying to the music.

Tom, Harrison, Sam, and Tuwaine were nodding along to the music while they spoke about random things. Just then, someone Tuwaine hated entered the house to join the party.