29

(Recap)
"...I'll hear him out, talk him down, and get him to hand over the remedy in one piece."

(Y/N) POV
As I laid on the makeshift bed on the floor, I pulled the covers closer to my body as I felt like I was freezing. But, a few seconds later, I pushed the whole thing off. As if I was on fire and the covers made it worse. It had been like that for a good 30 minutes. My body couldn't decide whether it was hot or cold. And so, I kept shifting around.

When I felt cold, it felt as if I was turning into ice, bit by bit. As if I was at the top of Mount Everest with nothing but just my bare body. As if the coldness, had numbed my whole body.

But, when I was hot. It felt like I was being burned alive. As if I was thrown into a fire pit, huge flames raging around me. It felt as if lava was being poured into my body through my mouth. And it made its way slowly throughout my body. Burning everything in its way. As it travelled, and made its way down towards my body, there was lava left everywhere. Burning me inside out. It felt as if I was being cooked alive.

It was unbearable. The whole thing, was unbearable.

I wanted to give up there and then. To just leave my body and go. To leave this torture I was going through.

The only thing that kept me going was that my classmates were out there fighting for me, and the others beside me. They hadn't given up on us, so how could I give up on them?

KARMA POV
We all rushed to the side of the helipad to watch as Nagisa walked towards Takaoka. He stood a good distance away from Takaoka and say that in front of him, there was a dagger on the ground. Just then, Karasuma Sensei started shouting and I looked up to see Karasuma Sensei with his gun raised, and pointing at Takaoka who had his finger directly over the detonater button.

"Oh, don't take it the wrong way." Said Takaoka "I just don't want you interrupting my precious time with Shiota Nagisa."

Right after he said that, he pressed the detonator button. Immediately, there were two explosions in front of us. It took me a while to process what he had done, but when I finally figured it out, I gasped along with the rest in shock. He had blown up the staircase leading to the helipad. There was no way we could reach Nagisa now. We could only watch. No matter what happened.

"...this is revenge for our earlier fight." Said Takaoka as he stared at Nagisa.

Nagisa stared at us in shock for a while before turning back to Takaoka, speaking quickly. "Wait, Mr. Takaoka I didn't come here to fight."

"Heh. I'm sure. Those dirty tricks won't work anymore. I can see myself doing you in, just like that." Said Takaoka as he looked to the sky wistfully, as if he was watching himself do the things he said.

"But it'll be over too quickly to make me feel better." He continued as he turned back to face Nagisa. "So, before we fight, there's something I need you to do." As he said that, I could feel the tension rise up within the group. No one had any idea what he wanted of Nagisa, and even if we did, we were helpless to do anything.

"Apologise. On your hands and knees. Atone wholeheartedly for having pulled a dirty sneak attack because you lack any real skill." Said Takaoka as he silently warned Nagisa by holding his hand on top of the detonator button right in front of him.

NAGISA POV
As I stared at the detonator in his hand, I knew that I helpless. I would not let half my class die just because of my pride. So, I put my hands on my knees as I got down on them and started.

"I-" Suddenly, Takaoka screamed, making me jump a little.

"You call that on your hands and knees?! You rotten brat! HEAD ON THE GROUND BOY!"

I just stared at him unfazed. As I took a look at the case with the cure, I continued to comply with him.

I put my hands on the ground in front of me, and my head on top of them as I spoke. "I have no real skill, so I pulled a dirty sneak attack. I'm sorry." 

"Oh, and after that you talked back to me, told me to get out." Said Takaoka as he stared at me, smiling.

"Is that any way for a brat like you to talk to an adult?" He continued as he placed his foot on top of my head, pushing me further down. "Is that any way for a student to talk to his teacher?!"

"I'm just a brat and a student, and it was wrong of me to talk back to an adult, a teacher. I'm very sorry." I continued just looking at the ground and not thinking about anything else besides my classmates and friends.

At that moment, Takaoka removed his foot from my head as I proceeded to get up. "Now you're speaking from the heart, your dear old dad is so pleased!"

"As a reward, I'll let you in on a little something." He said as he leaned in closer to my face and picked up the case with the cure. "I asked Smog what happens to the people who die from that virus. He showed me some pictures. What a laugh! Their bodies covered in boils! Faces like bunches of grapes! Wouldn't you like to see that Nagisa?"

As he finished, he threw the case up in the air. By instinct, I started running to it hoping that I could catch it in time. But just then, he blew it up. The cure, for the class. He blew it up. As I watched the black smoke fade away, I dropped to my knees in utter shock.

Takaoka started laughing at me, but I couldn't hear anything. I just stared into the sky where the case was for a split second. And I could see the case blow up. Over and over again. Right before my eyes.

"Yes! That's the face I wanted to see!" He said as he continued laughing at me while I stared at him aghast. "You ought to put it in your summer diary. Your friends' faces bubbling up like so many grapes!"

As I heard him talked. I turned to face Terasaka and could immediately see the look of terror and despair on his face. I turned back to the floor and looked down, seeing a knife in front of me. I picked the knife up in my hands, as I took in deep breaths.

"I'll...kill you..." I said as I looked up at him, my eyes filled with rage.

"That's right, that's the way." Said Takaoka as he stared at me.

"I'll kill you!" I repeated, louder. Anger surging throughout my body.

————————————————————————
Hey guys! It's your author here! I hope y'all enjoy and are happy with this chapter 😁.

I think this is one of the longer chapters, with like three POV changes loll 😂. But that's to make up for me not uploading for very long hehe 😅.

Anyways, hope you guys liked this chapter, if you do, please vote for it and comment on which is your favourite part :) I love reading you guys' comments 🥰

Also, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE EVERYONE! 🎄 Hope y'all are having a great time celebrating while also staying safe 🙏🏻

It is currently 6.14pm here, have a lovely evening, and I hope y'all enjoyed your celebrations, or are enjoying your celebrations!! 🥳