32

(Recap)
"Mr. Takaoka, thank you."

KARMA POV
We all stared in shock as we tried to process what had happened.

"Yes!" Sosuke shouted out. And in an instant, we all started screaming and cheering. "Yes! We beat the boss! Hooray!"

"You okay, Nagisa?" I asked as I made my way towards him.

"Great job Nagisa." Said someone behind us. We turned around and saw Kayano holding Korosensei in her hands. "For the first time, I wasn't sure how things would turn out, I'm relieved." He continued.

"Yeah, and I'm fine. but what now?" Asked Nagisa as I remembered that the serum for our classmates got destroyed.

"The remedy we took off Mr Takaoka won't be enough." Continued Nagisa as I sighed deeply.

"Damnit." I thought to myself. "I told (y/n) we would succeed. Now half the class is going to die. I shouldn't have taken so long to fight that blond-haired assassin. I should have tried harder..and moved faster."

"Let's get out of here, at least." Said Karasuma sensei. Breaking me out of my thoughts. "I've called a chopper. You wait here. I'll bring up the poisoner."

"Ha! You don't need no stinking remedy." Said a voice behind as we all strained our eyes to look through the shining spotlights.

We saw three figures. And it immediately clicked in my brain that these were the three assassins we faced today.

As the three of them threatened to kill us, we were getting ready to fight when they decided not to because their "contracts didn't cover avenging the boss". Which was really shocking to me, but I just let it slide.

"...This here is what I gave you." Said the poisoner as he raised a metal bottle up to his face so that it was visible.

"An improvement of the food-poisoning bug. It'll keep going strong for another thirty hours or so. But then, it'll lose its oomph. And with it, its poison. Now this, is what our boss asked us to use." Continued the poisoner as he lifted a vial with his other hand. "If we used this, you'd really be in dire straits."

"Right before we were supposed to use it, the three of us talked it over." Continued the blond-haired one. "Our boss only gave you one hour. We figured we could do the handover, without resorting to a deadly virus. It was enough to make you feel like your lives were in danger anyways."

"So you went against orders?" Asked Hinata. (Anyone else out here thinking Haikyuu? LOLL. I swear it isn't tho. This is the short hair, flexible girl. :D Hinata Okano.) "Can you do that when he's paying you?"

"What are you, stupid?" Asked one of the assassins. "If you think pros would do anything for money, you got another thing coming. Of course we'll do our best to abide by our client's wishes. But he never intended to give you the remedy. Either we become killers of a bunch of respectable junior-high kids or we take a hit to our professional standing. We just calmly weighed which option carried more risk from here on out."

"And that's why, sorry to say, none of you will be dying." Said the poisoner as he threw something at Nagisa. "Give the patients that supplement and put them to bed. Per the testimonials, they'll feel even better than before they were sick."

As we made our way back to the resort, I was excited and happy to see (y/n) and was so relieved that she was going to be okay. I don't know why, but somehow, when I realised that she was "poisoned" I was devastated. I felt as if I couldn't lose her.

————————————————————————
Omg 2 chapters? Consistently? Wowwww. I bet y'all expected to have to wait another few weeks heh 😂.

Welp. Here's me making y'all happy before possibly leaving for a good few weeks because what do you know? Class tests are coming up so I gotta study ;-;

But yea, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!! Don't forget to vote and comment. I love reading you guys' comments!! 😄😄

It is currently 10pm here. Have a lovely night everyone! 😴😴