18

(Recap)
"I won't."

(Y/N) POV
What? I turned to look at Karma. Expecting to find some sign of facetious, but instead, just saw plain seriousness. Nothing about his facial expressions told me he was joking. "Karma, what are you talking about?"

"You said anyone you ever trusted has let you down. And you can't trust anyone because of that. I'm here to help you change that. I won't let you down. Let me be the one to change your mindset."

I scoffed. "What makes you think i trust you?"

"Given the fact that you just told me everything about yourself, i would guess that you trust me  a lot."

I-  He's good.

"Come on, you said you're afraid to let anyone in. Let me show you that its ok, and not everyone in this world is horrible." Said Karma as he came towards me and took my hand in his.

Don't (y/n), don't trust again. You'll only get hurt. You'll only be broken. Do you really want that again? Even though my mind kept telling me no, that it was too dangerous, something in my heart felt differently. As I stared into those eyes of his, something, just some part of me felt like he could help me. Something in me felt like I could trust him. And so I did.

"ok"

"Well, it's getting late... let's get back before the rest start asking questions." I said, realising that I had been staring at his face the entire time.

"Yeah, sure." He replied as we both walked back together.

————————————————————————
Hey guys! It's your author here! I'm back to trying to post consistently 😅

Anyways, like always, hope y'all enjoyed the chapter!

Sorryyyy. It's a really short chapterrr

It is currently 6.45pm have a lovely evening everyone!