23

(Recap)
While Karma got ready to fight...

KARMA POV
I charged towards the guy with my weapon still in hand. As I was about to hit him with it, he deflected me by grabbing onto it.

"Hm, too soft. You'll need to grab a better one hm." He said just as e broke it into half.

"Don't need one." I replied as he charged at me trying to grab and hit me while I constantly dodged him. I kept running or hitting his hands away, ensuring that he would not come near me enough to be able to grab a hold of me. Because i knew, if he got a hold of me, that was game over.

"I can dodge him, but if I move in to attack, he'll attack me." I thought to myself as I continued blocking his hits.

After some time, he stopped in his tracks as if he was annoyed. "What's wrong, hm? You'll never get past me if you don't attack hm!"

"You think?" I replied nonchalantly.

" I mean I could be doing my best to distract you. While the rest of us slip past a few at a time. Relax, no underhand plots here. Now, its my turn." I replied cracking my fingers.

"Barehanded like you, we'll settle this far and square, man to man." I continued as I started jumping from side to side, warming myself up.

"I like that face of yours , young warrior, hm.... With you I've got a chance at a fair fight I can't experience in the assassination biz, hm." Just as he said that, I started charging at him and attacking him. I managed to attack him at some spots and just as he tumbled, I thought I did it, I charged towards him and...

NAGISA POV
As Karma charged at the guy, we were all hopeful when the guy suddenly took out a spray can and sprayed him with gas. We all gasped as Karma fell to the floor and the guy grabbed him by his hair.

"I'm not a fan of long dragged out fights. Thought I'd give Smog's gas a try hm." he said as everyone got angry.

"That's dirty! Ain't nothing fair about sneaking that into the fight!" Shouted out Yoshida.

"I never said I only fight bare-handed, hm." He replied. "One mustn't get too particular about one's hang-ups, hm. Just another key to sticking around in this business, hm. A spray of gas at point-blank range, hm. You'll never defeat it if you don't see it com-"

At that moment, Karma sprayed the guy with gas! We all gasped as we saw the guy struggle to talk and stand.

"what a coincidence! We were both thinking the same thing!" Said Karma as he took out a handkerchief to cover his face.

As the man threatened Karma, he tried charging at him again, this time with a knife. However, since he was weak already, Karma took him down easily.

"C'mon Terasaka, make it snappy! We'll need duct tape and sheer numbers to beat this monster." Karma shouted out as Teraksa and the others started running towards him.

"Yeah, I'm on it.." Said Terasaka. "That promise of a barehanded one-on-one fight? It was bullshit from the word go!"

Within seconds, we had him taped up and unable to move. He kept grunting as if he was frustrated until Karma spoke. "I filched an unusual cartridge from that poisoner guy." He said, "It's so handy, I wish it weren't a one-time-use kind of thing."

As the guy questioned Karma, he just replied with a simple "Isn't it obvious?" Annoying th guy even more. "I was on guard against everything but bare hands."

"Hm..?" mothed the guy confused.

"I'm sure you really did want a barehanded bout, but you would have had to stop us by any means necessary, and if I were you, I would have done the same." Said Karma sitting down in front of him. "I trusted your attitude as a pro, and that's why I was on guard."

As I heard that, I smiled. Karma has changed.. for the better. I thought to myself.

"karma had never known great defeat, but those midterm exams taught him all too well." Said Korosensei. "Losers are people just like you who live their lives thinking about all sorts of things. Once you realise that, you inevitably find you can no longer make light of your opponent on the battlefield. You can see if your foe is thinking like you, trying hard like you. You come to see their abilities, their circumstances. Someone who can be respectfully wary of their opponent, that person has no chinks on the battlefield... You grew so much from that one defeat, you'll make a name for yourself one day."

"You're nothing to sneeze at young warrior, hm. I may have lost, but I enjoyed our time togeth-"

"What are you talking about?" Asked Karma as everyone turned to him puzzled. "The fun's just beginning!" He said as he raised up two packets. One that said Wasabi and the other Mustard. As nobody could stop Karma, everyone let him do what. Which was stuffing things up the guy's nose..

Once he was finally done, we got going.

————————————————————————
Hey guys! It's your author here! I'm back with another chapter :P

Hope you guys liked this one :D I got all comfy in my chair for this loll 😂😂

Also guys, do vote and comment on my chapters! Like I've said, I really do appreciate all your votes, and I would really like to see what y'all have to say about my story! so please vote and comment!
Thank you all so much!

It is currently 10.20pm here, have a lovely night people! 😴😴