33

(Recap)
I felt as if I couldn't lose her...

KARMA POV
As we all got on the helicopter, and were on the way home tired from the whole trip, Nagisa suddenly spoke up "Terasaka? Thanks for calling out to me back then. I was about to make the wrong move."

"Pfft, one less student'd would make it that much harder to kill that octopus."

We finally reached the hotel and went to find the rest of the class. As we got to them, we happily shouted and shared with them that everything was going to be ok. While everyone went around hugging each other and sharing the great news, I just stood in place as my eyes scanned the area for (y/n). When I finally spotted her talking to Kayano, I walked up to her.

(Y/N) POV
I was having a casual conversation with Kayano as she started telling me a out the whole mission when Karma came up to us.

"Hey Kayano, can I talk to (y/n)?"

"Oh yeah, sure! Catch you later (y/n)!" Said Kayano as she got up to leave.

I just smiled at her and nodded before turning to face Karma.

"Hey." I said as he sat down beside me but still facing me.

"Hey, how are you doing?" He asked as he just stared at me.

"I'm good," I replied staring back at him. "What about you? I heard Kayano say you guys had to climb a mountain and that you were climbing extremely fast. You must be tired."

*Yawn* "Yeah I guess. I'm beat." He said to me as he started to adjust his body so that his head was lying down on my knees.

"Heh what are you doing?" I asked as I watched him open his just closed eyes to look at me.

"Sleeping of course. I told you I was tired. What did you expect?" He replied, closing his eyes to sleep again.

I just smiled at him as I laid back down and slowly drifted off to sleep.

KARMA POV
I woke up to the slight shaking of my body. As I rubbed my eyes to get rid of the blurriness in them, I saw Yūma.

"Hey, Karma, wake up. The class is all starting to move back to their rooms already, so you should probably star leaving soon too. Don't wanna be the only sleeping out here you know?"

"Yeah, I got you. I'll start heading back." I replied as I got up and turned to my side only to see (y/n). Oh shit. I fell asleep on her, and she couldn't go back to her room. Damnit. I thought as I silently scolded myself for being an idiot.

I leaned in to wake her up when I saw her face and stopped halfway. That peaceful and relaxed expression was something rarely to be seen of (y/n). Despite her naturally bubbly and outgoing nature, if you looked closely at her face, you would see that she was always stressed, tense, alert. Always no edge. As if she were ready to attack you at any second. However, that was not the case when she was sleeping. When she was asleep, you could see a truly different side of (y/n). And that is exactly what I saw.

I saw the most relaxed (y/n) I had ever seen. She finally looked her age. Like a regular 15 year old without all the sorrow and pain she's been through. She looked almost free.

At that moment, as I was staring deeply at her face, she started to rub her eyes, and they fluttered open.

————————————————————————
Hey guys!! So I'm finally back with another chapter!! I'm so so sorry for being off for so long but I was so busy it's absolutely insane —.—

But I'm happy to finally be back for you guys! Also I brought y'all's some karma and (y/n) content so pls dun be so mad 🥺

Anyways, hopefully yalls enjoyed this chapter!

It is currently 10.54pm, have a lovely night everyone! 😴