63

(Recap)
No studying for two weeks. The two most crucial weeks...just great wasn't it...

(Y/N) POV
We were all sent to work at a old principal that the old man who was hit worked at. We spent day and night pampering to the young children and ensuring that they had helped whenever they needed it.

Needless to say, it was excruciating.

Not to say I hate kids, I enjoyed hanging with them, kids are adorable and nice. However, some of them I swear, could be the spawn of satan himself. I mean yes they were kids, but they had to learn decency right? For example, not pulling down Takebayashi's pants maybe?

"Ugh." I groaned to Rio as I slumped against a wall after playing catch with two little ones.

"Haha! Gosh, tired out mentally or physically from catch?" She laughed as she slumped right beside me.

"Is there a third option for being exhausted to deal with children?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Haha! Why? The two kids weren't to your liking?" She continued as she snickered at me.

"No! That's not it. The two of them were fine its just some of them. Especially this one girl I don't know...Sakura was it?"

"Oh pink curly hair?" Asked Rio as I nodded.

"Yeah her. She's been giving me, actually not just me everyone here the stink eye ever since we walked in. Like does her eye not hurt? I know mine do looking at her."

"HAHA (y/n)! You can't say that!"

"I know! But gosh it just frustrates me."

"HAHA!" Rio laughed out as she punched my arm and put a finger over her lips, signaling for me to be quiet about it.

Just then, we heard a loud crash. Rushing to the sound, I saw Sakura sitting in a hole in the floor with Nagisa just staring at her.

"Aren't you getting it fixed? I mean this building is pretty decrepit." Asked Yūma to the female owner as she smiled embarrassedly.

"We don't have the money. Any waitlisted student, any child not attending primary school, our principal takes them in at rock-bottom rates. He can't even hire enough staff, so he winds up working harder than anyone else."

Hearing that, everyone fell silent, feeling bad for the injury we had caused him.

"twenty eight of us for two weeks...I reckon we could get something done." Said Maehara as everyone agreed and their eyes started lighting up.

"Okay everyone, let's divvy up the duties and work in his stead! First, a strategy meeting!" Said Yūma as we all agreed wholeheartedly.

We all discussed for a while before finally dividing the work. Some of us entertained the children, some carried wood and cement to someplace outdoors for building, some brought the children around the area to play and help the animals and the rest, which were the bulk of us stayed to help the students with their homework.

Naturally, I was given the task of helping the children with their homework. Because one, no one trusted that I was cheerful or funny enough to entertain the children. which I didn't fault them for because I hadn't been on fun and games ever since I joined the class. And second, the boys only allowed boys to do heavy lifting and I wasn't really in the mood to go around the area with children petting animals. So i guess I got what you could call, the lesser of two evils. Well, I guess in this case three.

I had just finished going over a math problem with one of the kids and gave him a ten minute break as I could tell his brain was about to fry. I walked over to the other room and stood at the doorway as I watched a few of them carry out the play. Karma was the knight in shining armour while Terasaka was the evil bad guy or monster and Okuda was the mage who apparently was on the same team as Karma. The play was all fun and games until I saw the both of them holding hands as the kids clapped and cheered at their "victory".

"tsk" was all I could say before I turned to walk away.

No I wasn't jealous or anything. I mean, how could I be? I didn't like Karma in any way whatsoever.

—————————————————————————
Hey guys! Its your author and I'm finally back with another chapter for you guys! I know its been really long since anew chapter came and uploading is pretty irregular, so I do apologise, but its because I'm now in upper secondary so the workload is a lot more and I have exams as well :")

Not to mention, I also have more leadership roles and so I have to balance those out as well, so naturally I spend more time taking care of those things 😅.

But, now that we're having a semester break, I hope that I'll be able to update more during this time!

With that, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! It is currently 11.02am here and I have tuition in 13min 🤡. So wish me luck! Have a great day everyone!