12/7/2020:

1 John 1:6-7
If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection. I am life. Everyone who believes in me will have life, even if they die."

If we are in Christ, our lives should be plain to see. God once told me that I am an open book - that my life is a giant testimony for others to see His glory. This brings me back to that but with a new perspective: with a book, every mystery get uncovered as every chapter gets turned.

I like reading books and I have a weakness for mystery thrillers and psychological thrillers. The books that I read were so complicated and steep in psychological galore - a lot of the characters had secrets that only I could see because I'm the reader but as I read the book, the secrets became plain to see. I saw every back story, every tear and anguish or even every villainous thoughts the characters had and for some characters I just loved their backstories and felt their sadness, it felt like we were connected in some way.

That being said, I wonder if that's the same with us and God? If I am an open book, all my secrets are out in the open. I try not to live in the darkness (act differently or sin in the dark) and if there is a crooked way in me or I'm unaware of a sin, God reveals it because He's wise and a clever writer. So I wonder that the connection I feel to my favorite books and its characters, does God feel that way towards me? And if so, does it make us connected? We have fellowship with God and each other when we allow our lives to be an open book.

That's the point. If we practice the truth and believe in Jesus, we are being open books and have fellowship with Christ and each other. We are connected. But if we just say we're followers of Christ but our lives are hypocritical, then the truth is not in us and we are not connected. That's when we become the villains in our stories: we can put on a show for people but we can never hide from God. Our secrets will still be revealed in the end.

Another thing I have to keep in mind with this is choice. We're humans and we always fall short and that's why Jesus came for us. He came to give us life because He is life and the resurrection. He's able to bring back the dead in every sense of the word. What that mean is God knows when I mess up - He sees my heart and if I truly regret my sins or not. And if we ask God for forgiveness, wanting a new beginning genuinely, God is faithful to forgive us our sins. His mercy will cover us and Christ will resurrect us because He is the life, the truth, and the way.

God gives us the choice to follow Him; that is our daily cross (choice). We can choose to be an open book, a willing vessel, an obedient child (servant) or we could close our story, continue to be broken with water leaking out of our jars, or be a rebellious disgrace. Life and death are in the power of the tongue and he who loves it will eat its fruit. The same could be said with our actions.

We can't choice our situations in life but we can choose our actions and words. We can live in the life (Jesus Christ) or we can live in the dark. Keep in mind, if we hide what is wrong in us, God can never fix it. God can't bless who we pretend to be - He blesses who we are.