When people think you are worthless.

Father God, take these words and make them Your own. You speak because I can't say what needs to be said unless You are in this place with me – guide me – and keep me from sinning. Give us Your truth that is trustworthy and the faith to believe it. Give us the hope to sustain us today, especially for those who all they see around them is grey. Give us Your love to give to everyone around us and please God, refresh us in the times when others are asking for more than what we have or can give. Thank You God that You give us this day along with the bread that we need and that You are with us, no matter what, and nothing or no one can take us away from You. In Jesus Holy and blessed name, my God, I pray, amen.

One of my biggest challenges in my life is pride. My family on my dad side is big on "respect." They talk so big about how others need to respect their mothers and fathers or old people or neighbors. It is a good rule...if they used it for what it really meant. Growing up, I understand that yes, respect is essential and I do believe that we need to be respectful, but when I look closely at my family and I – we're the opposite of respectful. Not everyone in my family is a hypocrite, but majority of the ones I live with are. They boast so much about how respectful they but really – they're not. They disrespect people a lot but I notice now how much they enjoy being respected by others.

And I see those same traits in me.

Like my family, I dislike being or feeling like someone disrespected me. It can be small things that sets me off; being ignored (intentionally or unintentionally) being talked over or not taken serious. Yeah, I know that some may say "That's a reason to be offended" but no matter how I look at it – I get mad because it hits my pride.

I struggle with a lot of things (not sure if any of you do) but pride is a big one because I already feel small as it is in this life. Like people overlook me every day from the time I was a kid. It always seemed like people could care less about me and then given to the fact of how I was raised – I believed I was worthless and people would want to replace me any second.

That's something I struggle with today...feeling worthless and this world doesn't help with that because everyone wants to either be famous or make lots of money. Everyone wants to be seen and to have not accomplished "big things" makes us look like nobodies.

However, today while reading a little of 2Corinthians – did you know that one of the great apostles that wrote half of the new testament; who had such a radical change from killing Christians to taking the gospel to the gentiles; who went through ship wrecks and was bitten by poisonous animals; who, In Jesus name, casted out demons; who stood arrested but that still did not stop him from doing the work of Christ Jesus, God almighty. He was looked at and treated like a no body!

That stood out to me today and I stand perplexed, yet very comforted.

Paul is considered one of the most famous and greatest apostle throughout the world yet the Corinthians thought so little about him. Listen to this in 2 Corinthians 12:11 I have become a fool. You forced me to be one. Really, I should have been commended by you, for I am not in any ways inferior to your "super—apostles", even if am nothing.

The church in Corinth were questioning Paul's title because of some people who claimed to be 'super-apostles.' It's like this. Think of Paul as a policeman who goes around, helping people get saved and be safe. Now think of someone else coming in town, manage to get a police uniform but isn't a police, and that person starts winning the trust of the people but instead of helping them – that fake policeman turns the town against Paul and plans later to steal their stuff once Paul is out of the picture.

That's basically what was going on.

Now Imagine how that must have made Paul feel; angry that the people would listen to false teachers so soon; sad that the church he loved so much and never done any wrong to would betray him easily. I wonder if Paul would have wanted to prove his innocence?

Because if I were in Paul's shoes – I would give into my angry and want to prove my title to people. But that isn't what Paul did. While the false apostles boasted about their works and wonders – Paul boasted about his weaknesses – his lists his credentials in chapter 11 but mostly he talks about all the hardships he's faced. It contracts the way he lived and the way the other people lived who were trying to ruin Paul's reputation.

So you see, Paul must have felt small. He must have felt that all his work was for nothing because others were turning so soon from the truth God used him to bring. It must have hit him in some way because of how he grew up too. He was a highly esteemed person in the world's eye before he met Christ but after that encounter with the God of the universe – Paul threw all his accomplishments away. That couldn't have been easy; to go from being the greatest to people to being nothing to people. Being ignored and weak looking in front of people...being considered worthless when he's been nothing but loving to the churches he started.

But isn't that what Jesus had to go through too when He was on earth? The Jews praised God (Jesus) one day saying "Blessed if the one who comes in the name of the Lord!" but the next day, the Jews stood and shouted, "Crucify Him! Crucify Him!" And they watched Jesus hang on the cross...laughing...mocking.

"If You're the Son of God, save Yourself." They sneered, taking joy in the pain of God' only beloved Son...not caring that Jesus only stood on the cross for our sake.

Imagine how that must feel.
Everyone abandoning you and instead they stand against you to accuse and condemn you.

In 2Corinthians 12:8-9 says I pleaded with the Lord three times to take it away form me, but he has told me, "My grace is all you need, because my power is perfected in weakness." Therefore, I will most happily boast about my weaknesses, so that the Messiah's power may rest on me.

"God, it hurts this situation I am gong through. I feel alone and unloved – no one understand this thorn in my flesh. Please take this cup away from me. No more."

However, God says, "You're not alone; I am with You and I suffered all the same things You are going through as well. On that cross I was alone and abandoned...I was mocked and no one loved me. They all turned from me as well, paul, but my Father gave me victory over sin and death. He will give you victory too. So hold on. My grace is all you need."

Maybe that is what gave Paul the courage and strength to hold on and continue his good work. God's sacrifice and the faith of what waits at the finish line made Paul keep running.

Let us not get tired of doing good even if people leave us or they question us because they do not see what we do quietly in a world that liked to be seen and will boast to get attention. Let us throw off pride that tangles us in senseless competition for popularity or praise. Remember that Jesus said those who want to be the greatest in His kingdom must be like a child and they must become a servant.

God chooses us 'nobodies' to use in big ways.
Keep that in mind.

God, thank You.
In Jesus name, amen.