6/3/2020

6/3/2020: Romans 12:3-5
God has given me a special gift, and that is why I have something to say to each one of you. Don't think that you are better than you really are. You must see yourself just as you are by the faith God has given each of us. Each one of us has one body, and that body has many parts. These parts don't all do the same thing. In the same way, we are many people, but in Christ we are all one body. we are the parts of that body and each part belongs to all the others.

Racism is wrong.
Point blank.

Treating someone like they are lower than you and as if they are animals, that's goes against God. God made race; many types of people just like he made many diverse animals but we are equal. We're all sinners and in need of Jesus Christ. We are breath air, have dreams, want love. We are feel pain and know fear.

Just because we look different, think different, or even talk different than one another – all of us are still humans. When I read the bible, I see God's heart. His compassion especially for the people we walk around. The adulterous woman. The Samaritan woman. The widow who wept over her son. God went especially to them, not to the rich and proud pharisees who were sexist, racist, and thought they were better than everyone else.

Now, in Paul's letter, we come to the topic of diversity and equality in the church. He says we are many people; we're different. We have different giftings, we look different, our backgrounds are different, and our hobbies/lives are different than one another – however, we are the same in Christ. Look at our bodies. We have fingers and toes and arms and a head and eyes – each part is different but they work TOGETHER to sustain us. Our eyes allow us to see. Our ears allow us to hear and they help our balance too. Our hands can carry thing and our feet takes us where we want to go.

Each job is different, but each is important.

And remember God (Jesus Christ) golden rule: Treat others as you would yourself.

I can't imagine what its like to be black. I don't know the fear of walking down the streets, wondering if a cop would stop me because I LOOK suspicious. I can't imagine that. What I do know is that if I was in their shoes, I would want mercy. I would want to be seen and treated equally – like a person, not a hoodlum.

Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.

Get right with God, people.
Get right.