1/19/2021:

Habakkuk 2:3-5
For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay. See, the enemy is puffed up; his desires are not upright - but the righteous person will live by his faithfulness - indeed, wine betrays him; he is arrogant and never at rest. Because he is as greedy as the grave and like death is never satisfied, he gathers to himself all the nations and takes captive all the peoples.

God said this was the revelation of the end to come. In Habbakuk's first complaint, God said he was raising up the enemy for a time of destruction and personally, that did not make sense to me. However, now it makes sense to me because our world is blinded. It goes against God and it seems like everyone just wants to do wrong; they want to wrong each other and sin against God and they're not afraid, which is scary because who the heck wants to go to hell instead of heaven?

When I read this, I see this day and age. I see the enemy taking hold of nations and tricking them into his ways; I see the division and the hate in our own nations: the loss of innocent lives because of it. I also see the faithful ones - the ones who God will protect - shining among these darkening days. With the new presidency transitioning, I'm not sure what is going to happen: if riots will break out again, if the bloodshed of human lives are going to repeat; if racism will explode to a whole new level.

What I know is these are times we need to be awake, not asleep. We need to seek God now more than ever because if we're not careful, we too, could easily get intoxicated by the things going around. Our hearts need to be guarded and we need to live with the end in mind.

God is going to kick the enemy's butt in the end - in fact - he already has. Though it may linger; that means even if it seems like its never coming fast enough, it's coming. One day either we're going to die or we will see Jesus coming from heaven to give us His just judgement. When I think of this, I want to be ready. I want to finish my race knowing I did everything I could to point to Him. That I did my best to be faithful.

How much different would we live if we kept that in our minds and hearts.