3/13/2020

Psalm 46:1
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

2 Peter 1:8
For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Sometimes when I read the apostles' letters, I get a bit overwhelmed. A part of me falls into this mentality that everything they teach I need to practice alone. That overwhelms me because I know myself. I know that on my own, I fail at a lot of things, and so thinking of walking this life on my own terrifies me. What if I mess up? What if I get nearsighted or what if I just plain fail because I slip up more than I like to admit?

The beautiful thing about my God and Savior is that Christ died for me and rose again. That means salvation is a gift and that gift can not be taken away from me. God's grace and holy blood covers me, washing me clean and making in right standing with God the Father.

Growing in the faith is necessary, especially since the times are close to the end. Things are going to get scary and we're going to find ourselves fretting over it. However, my God in Heaven says not to worry. He is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

What that tells me is that He's on this journey with me and He'll be with me when times get scary and hard. That gives me assurance that even if I slip up, I'm not going to fall away – Because my God and the Son of God is with me, walking me through the growth and the fear.

That gives me peace. When we're scared, overwhelmed, or indecisive, and confused about something, God beckons us to go to Him and seek Him. In Him there is peace and rest and answers. In my life, I could use that more. Usually I try to tough it out but I'm learning more and more that I can't white-knuckle it. I need Jesus to come into my life and situations and to take center. Because with Him at the center of it all, things fall into place and peace flows out.

Maybe that's also what you need, whoever reads this. Maybe you can't sleep at night or feel any joy anymore because you are empty. I don't know your situation but God knows and He cares. He sent His Son, Jesus Christ to die on that cross just for You. So that as Christ rose from the dead, you can be saved too. All you have to do is accept Christ in as you Lord and Savior. Believe it in your heart and let Him in. He loves you and wants you to be saved before its too late.