Turning wastelands into a Gardens.

My first year of coming to Christ and being a legit Christian, I remember going through some emotional turmoil. My mind was under attack and I became heightened depressed. There wasn't a night where I didn't shed tears or force myself to stay awake because of fear of what I would see in my mind. I was at a dangerous place and questioning/fearing if I was really saved or not. Well that spring, my family wanted to go to Texas to visit my grandparents, so I went with them. When we got there, I went with my other grandparents and stayed with them. This was a Saturday I think and it was a church day for them - a special event was going on and it was great. I enjoyed it but it was Sunday that really blew me away.

On Sunday I went with my grandparents to church again and I remember a bit of the lesson but what stood out to me clearly was the alter call. I went up there with my grandparents because they encouraged me to. Once I did, the pastor said something that shook me. He said that God wanted a girl to know that He is going to make a beautiful garden in your heart. When he said that, it was like at that moment I was hugged.

That was something else I wanted...a hug from God. To know that He cared and saw me. He did see me. He's the God who sees me and He sees you as well.

I share this story because I know I'm not the only one who struggles with my identity. God's grown me and I'm learning so much more but there are times when the enemy attacks my identity. There are times where I'm confused and can't really see straight or am tired and vulnerable and God has to remind me of who I am and that I belong to HIM.

Did you know that God is turning the wastelands in our own hearts into such wonderful and beautiful gardens? In Isaiah 41:17-20

"When the poor and needy search for water and there is none, and their tongues are parched from thirst, then I, the Lord, will answer them. I, the God of Israel, will never abandon them. I will open up rivers for them on the high plateaus. I will give them fountains of water in the valleys. I will fill the desert will pools of water. Rivers fed by spring will flow across the parched ground. I will plant trees in the barren desert - cedar, acacia, myrtle, olive, cypress, fir, and pine. I am doing this so all who see this miracle will understand what it means - that it is the Lord who has done this, the Holy One of Israel who created it." 

God is doing a wonderful work in our hearts, planting wonderful trees that will bear much fruit and making rivers and water in the desert. This is how people will see God's greatness....we become the example because of His wonderful renovation in us.

People will know us by our fruits.
Our love.
Our hope.
Our faith.

A part of me wonders that if God makes us into beautiful gardens where He walks with us (like in Eden), would that mean that those who are in deserts...when they meet us, they'll find an oasis?

Interesting, isn't it?