1/9/2018

Storytime: Today was 1 Chronicles chapter 21:24. it says,But the king said to Araunah, "No, I insist on paying what it is worth. I cannot take what is yours and give it to the Lord. I will not offer a burnt offering that had cost me nothing!"

After pondering this for a bit, God showed me something that really hit me: God wants our best in life. He doesn't want leftovers (spotted or lamed sacrifices). He wants us to do our best in every area of our lives because it is giving Him our very best. In Paul's letters, it says to do our work as if we are doing it for God and not for men. To do our job well so we can face God without any shame. It's a sacrifice that costs us something. In the areas of my life - boy have I been lacking. I give tithes when I can, I make sure to help at church and be friendly to people. Yeah, that might seem all well and dandy but in a lot of other areas of my life, I lack sacrificing and praising God: I slack off in school when I daydream and draw; I slack off in the house when I get lazy and choose to procrastinate or when I choose to be mean to my siblings or get snippy with my parents. Even in work, when I pick up my phone to text while on the job, isn't that slacking???? These may seem separate from "church" things but it doesn't mean that they are not important. These are everyday things in my life, something I could be giving praise and glory to God with!

God, thank You for showing me these things. Forgive me Lord Jesus Christ because I have been lacking. In light of this, I have not been giving you my best and I am sorry for that. I kept standing around, worrying, wondering what I could do to grow your kingdom and give you praise...and You opened my eyes to all the things and opportunities that I could be doing. God, forgive me, I repent of my stubbornness and I ask that You will be the strength I need to break my habits of laziness. God, thank You for Your forgiveness and for Your love that always shows me the right way. Jesus, please be with me and help me on this journey. I pray this in Your name - In Jesus name, Amen.