Habakkuk 3:16-19

Habakkuk 3:16-19

I trembled inside when I heard all of this; my lips quivered with fear. My legs gave way beneath me, and I shook in terror. I will wait quietly for the coming day when disaster will strike the people who invade us. Even though the fig trees have no blossoms, and there are no grapes on the vine; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! The Sovereign Lord is my strength! He will make me as surefooted as a deer and bring me safely over the mountains. (For the choir director: This prayer is to be accompanied by stringed instruments.)

God is our joy and strength; nothing can take that away from us. Habakkuk summed that up really nicely, better than I ever could that's for sure. When I read this, I think of it like this: No matter what happens in life, our confidence, joy and strength is in God! God is with us so we don't need to worry. (it's hard but stay with me.)

Everything can be falling apart; our country, the people, the supplies, the president, etc. But we shouldn't let the things of this world depress us. Instead, we should pull a Habakkuk and rejoice in the Lord and rejoice in His awesome salvation as well! God is our strength and the scripture says that God will bring us over the mountains we face. He will carry us and help us, never abandoning us or forgetting about us. He will make us steadfast (this scripture says as surefooted as a deer.)

Our circumstances in life and the world does not have control over us. It can not decide our joy unless we LET IT. This scripture shows me that I HAVE THE CHOICE to rejoice in God despite my circumstances. I can chose to have joy and chose to trust God, knowing that everything He does is good and for a reason. God will not give us a task and leave us; He will give us a task and supply us and help us constantly to climb up the mountain, carrying us when we slip and making sure we never fall.

I can chose to let the voices get to me, let the news get to me, let trump get to me, family, school, life's lemons get to me and go back into depression or I can wait patiently for the Lord God of my salvation (Christ) and right now, rejoice in HIM! Take courage and have joy and confidence in God and all of His goodness that carries me over my mountains.

I have the choice to rejoice!
Say it with me now,
WE HAVE THE CHOICE TO REJOICE!

Father God, 

I just come before, thanking You for Your words and grace over our lives. God, thank You that You give us the choice on how we will react to things that this life throws at us. When I look around, sometimes it's depressing and I wonder how things will go or even if there is a future for me but YOU SAID that YOU given us a future and so I chose to keep believing You. You are good and perfect and the truth, the way, and the light. God, thank You for Your words and for supplying all my needs to climb the mountain and remain surefooted. God, thank You that You help us up when we slip and that You carry us in the moments when we can't go on. God, thank You that joy and fulfillment can only be found in You, in Jesus Christ, Your Son's mightiest name, I pray, amen.