2/27/2020

1 John 3:23
And this is His command: to believe in the name of His Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as He commanded us.

It is by Faith in Christ that we are saved. We can't work for it or be the most perfect human being for it. The pharisees tried being perfect, they followed the law to a tee, yet they still couldn't stand before God without being condemned. That's what God the Father, sent His Son Jesus Christ to earth. So that way Jesus can live the way we failed and also share God's truth with us. Then Christ went to the cross, willingly, and died a sinner's death although He was perfect. He is the Son of God – which means Christ is truly perfect on the inside and outside. His blood was the atonement for our sins, covering us who believes, and making us right with God the Father. He rose again on the third day and not He sits at God, the Father's right hand.

When we believe and put our faith in Christ, we are saved. We have right relationship with God. That's the only way to the Father, is through the Son. Reading this, it reminds me that I can't win God's love, affection, or favor in my life. His grace is already mine because it's a gift He sent along with His beautiful Son, Jesus. We are saved by faith in Christ, not by works.

God's other command is to love one another. Truly love them.