8/17/2020

2 Corinthians 10:3-6
We live in this world, but we don't fight our battles in the same way the world does. The weapons we use are not human ones. Our weapons have power from God and can destroy the enemy's strong places. We destroy people's arguments, and we tear down every proud idea that raises itself against the knowledge of God. We also capture every thought and make it give up and overy Christ. We are ready to punish anyone there who does not obey, but first we want you to be fully obedient.

Proverbs 10:25
When the whirlwind passes by, the wicked is no more, but the righteous has an everlasting foundation.

(ERV Version) -> The wicked are destroyed when trouble comes, but good people stand strong forever.

It's time to get closer to God in every way. A lot of things hinders us and each day is a battle. That's why God wants us to read the word of truth and be ROOTED. Not just read it, but we are called to practice it each day. Paul wrote clearly that as we live in this world, there is a battle going on and we don't fight the same way we do in the natural realm. We don't get guns and shoot at the things that come against us. We obey Christ.

I guess an example of that would be my battle with depression and anxiety. It wasn't until this year, where I focused on God and focused on obeying that my depression and anxiety went away. The bible says to be thankful and to praise God. I always did the opposite: I would praise God in church with the music but for the rest of the week, I would complain to God and focus too much on my own problems and fears. This year, even when it hurt, I just started praying and thanking God for even the tiniest things. Now, I honestly don't feel depressed. I feel sad sometimes but I find myself quickly giving it to God now rather than keeping it to myself for weeks on end. Anxiety is easy to let go of now too.

When we put God first and obey what He says over what we think, we become strong in the Spirit. We're able to actually use the armor God gives us and swing the sword against the enemy's attacks on our lives and the temptation that threatens to take us out. We're able to take every thought captive and make it obey Christ because we get rooted into the truth of God. We get rooted in Christ.

Jesus said that a person who obeys Him is like a wise man who builds his house on the rock: the wind comes and beats against it but it remains. It has a foundation that will last forever. However, a person who doesn't obey Him, is like a foolish man who builds his house on sand. When the storm comes and blows, his house get washed away and destroyed.

Proverbs 10:25 says the same thing. We have an everlasting foundation and when we put it into practice, we can't be shaken. We can be beat on by the winds, scorched by the sun, or slapped in the face, but we can't stay down. The righteous may get knocked down seven times but they will get us - the unrighteous won't get up.

I need to get rooted in God. That is what the scriptures tells me. I need to get closer and more in tune with God because the time is coming where we will be put to the test. Where a wave will come upon us and if we're not rooted, we will be washed away. Rooted also means obedience.

Don't just read the word, obey it.