1/10/2018 Childlike Faith

Storytime: A little girl believes in santa clause still. Now she is getting to that age where the majority of children puts away tales like a man coming down a chimney to leave presents for good boys and girls. However, this little girl's faith does not waiver or bend no matter what her older siblings try to put into her head. When the words of the outside get a bit too much, the little girl would go to her mother and ask if santa was real. The mother, being kind and loving says of course and like that, the small child's faith is renewed and strengthened. After all, if her parent said it was true, then it has to be true.

Get it?

Mark 12:22-25, Jesus tells us to Have faith in God.Then Jesus said to the disciples, "Have faith in God. I assure you that you can say to this mountain, 'May God lift you up and throw you into the sea.' and your command will be obeyed. All that is required is that you really believe and do not doubt in your heart. Listen to me! You can pray for anything, and if you believe, you will have it. But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins too."

Personally, for me, this shows what a child's faith looks like. It's believing God without any doubts in our hearts, trusting God more than the voices in our heads that come from others or from the enemy. More than our insecurities and worries and personal challenges and fears. Childlike faith isn't logical according to the world. We just simply believe without seeing or exactly understanding everything. It's beautiful....and when the voices do gets too much to handle, we can always run to our loving and kind Father God in heaven and He will renew our faith.

Father God,

Thank You for your words that show us the type of faith we should have in our lives and thank You God the Son Jesus Christ that we can run to You when we are overwhelmed and pressured to give up and lose hope. You said that NOTHING can snatch us away from You so God thank You for Your beautiful promise. Glory belongs to You forever and ever! In Jesus name, Amen.