July 5th: Determined to live God's way

Small Straws in a Soft Wind: Marsha Burns.
July 5, 2017: If you will put away distractions and determine to live your life within the framework of My Spirit, I will bring you to a higher level of spiritual sensitivity. And, I will open to you revelations of My kingdom that you could not have imagined. But, when your focus is on the world and flesh desires, your spiritual life is suffocated. You must choose, says the Lord. Galatians 5:16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

Daniel 1:8
But Daniel was determined not to defile himself by eating the food and wine given to them by the king (Nebuchadnezzar). He asked the chief in staff for permission not to eat these unacceptable foods.

Last night I had the urge for a story. It was a fanfiction story and the idea was great to me because I loved the concept and how well the theories can fit the characters but...as many times before, I wasn't sure if it was alright to write it. The same with this anime show I wanted to watch. And so, I asked God last night if it would be alright to write the story and watch the anime. If His answer was no, then ok, I will not write the fanfiction or watch that anime I wanted to see. It has to be God's way because God's way is best. 

This morning God answered my prayers: His answer is no and there is a reason why. Daniel 1:8 says that Daniel was determined to not defile himself with the foods the pagan king (Nebuchadnezzar) gave him and his friends. This is where the fruit and vegetables fast comes from: This is where Daniel asked his supervisor to test him and his friends for ten whole days with nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink. If they were unhealthy than all the other boys brought to the palace then they will eat the meat and drink the wine. If not, then they wouldn't be forced to eat the meat or wine sacrificed to idles. 

So how did this become my answer?

Simple: We live in a world where spiritually we eat a lot of unacceptable things. That's why we have to be careful with what we allow ourselves to see and hear...it's hard considering we're surrounded by bad things every single day and majority of them are pretty much out of our power to control but their are things that are in our control: What we say, what we do, what we watch on TV or choose to listen to on the radio. If we want to grow in our faith and live like Christ, then that means choosing, like Daniel, to not let ourselves be defiled by the "foods" around us. 

Why? 
What's the reason for this?

Personally for me, I'm growing out of a certain stage, an old chapter and God is writing a new chapter for me. He told me before that a breakthrough is coming, to focus on Him and continue on working on the inside, not the outside. I've recently gotten into studying the scriptures again and can feel God with me and remembering His words are becoming easy again. He said to put away distractions: Walk in His Holy Spirit and when I do that, I won't fulfill the desires of my flesh. I wouldn't even want to fulfill the flesh desires I believe! 

It reminds me of when I wanted out of the yaoi life. A breakthrough was on its way there too and it was painful. I kept thinking "I'm going to sin, I can't hold on...the desire is there and it won't go away." I would cry and pray, asking God to forgive me because I was close to pressing the yaoi shows to watch but then every time, God would send my eye to catch another movie to watch: a kids movie. This went on for weeks and then one day, I just didn't want to have anything to do with yaoi anymore. I didn't want to watch it or see it or have the urge to read it either. I was cleaned thanks to God almighty power and grace. 

My breakthrough came because I pressed into God: I prayed and cried with my heart, asking God to help me out of the hole I dug myself. God answered: He always answered. It is like tat now. My desires are distracting me, I want to grow in the faith, be what God wants me to be, let Him lead me but distractions are besieging me, blocking the way I am to go. I have to choose to either listen to the distractions of charge through them and get to the other side, where the breakthrough God has for me is. It's so close, so close so why would I want to give that up for only a second of pleasure? 

The fleshly desires only pleases us for a second, just a second but then we are left empty again and on the search for something else. However, God is forever and His joy that He gives us last for eternity! His promises never end and His glory is forever and ever! Isn't that amazing?! So why should I give up what God promises me for only a story I will probably never even finish or an anime that ends too early and leaves me dry and bored again? 

God promises me a breakthrough; a new level of spiritual sensitivity, growing in the faith and being able to know what He wants me to do without any confusion: being able to stay strong without the dark voices haunting me and tormenting my mind. God promises to be with me and heal me and comfort me and bring me out of the dark valleys; To show me things I can't even or ever imagine in my life! Truth will be given to me, wisdom will be granted to me and common sense will be in my grips....how could I ever think to let go of that?!

Father God,

I thank You for all Your wonderful promises and that they have already been answered. I'm waiting for them God and I know You are faithful to carry out what You have said. I want a deeper connection, a stronger faith, and a love like Yours. There are distractions in my way but God, I don't want them to take the breakthrough You promised me away. I am determining right now to not let myself get defiled. God, give me the strength to say no to my sinful desires and lustful pleasures that wars against Your Holy Spirit within me. Father God, let Your will be done and lead me to the breakthrough: I pray for all this in Your Son, Jesus Christ, Holiest and mightiest name: Amen. 

-Candy.