Midnight thoughts.

10:01pm
I finally watched Ip Man 4 today. I always liked martial arts movies, especially Ip Man. No matter how many times I watch it, Ip Man movies always make me want to kick something or kick the bad people in the face!

But that's not what I want to talk about. What I want to touch on is race: Now the movie was very clear about inequality: how the chinese got treated by every nationality - especially in America. What angered me and saddened me as I watched the movie, was how everyone (except certain characters) played into the role of racism. There was the bias within the chinese community itself; racism between the whites and chinese; and those who remained quiet and passive as injustice reigned.

I think the last one broke my heart more because we know racism is wrong and that what the antagonist did was out of line but no one stood up - only Ip Man and Bruce Lee's students. Seeing them being the few to take a stand, kind of made me sad because they looked outnumbered and no one else cared.

It reminds me of us Christians: We're in our world that isn't ours right now. We're passing by, but the stops aren't as kind. Sometimes it feels like we're outnumbered and no one really cares. The world is against us and paints us as the monsters that they need to wipe clean.

It makes me sad....but I'm grateful that God is with us. Like in the movie, it's like that in our lives too. We look outmatched, outnumbered, and the laughing stock. However, God says clearly that there's an army surrounding us. God had to open the eyes of Elijah's servant to see the Angels. The servant thought that the enemy armies were big but then Elijah prayed for God to open his eyes.

In reality: God's armies outnumbered our enemies.

Colossians 3:12-15

God had chosen you and made you His holy people. He loves you. So your new life should be like this: Show mercy to others. Be kind, humble, gentle, and patient. Don't be angry with each other, but forgive each other. If you feel someone has wronged you, forgive them. Forgive others because the Lord forgave you. Together, with these things, the most important part of your new life is to love each other. Love is what holds everything together in perfect unity. Let the peace that Christ gives control your thinking. It is for peace that you were chosen to be together in one body. And always be thankful.

In these times, our love will prove to others that we are God's children: His holy people set apart. Our love for humanity and for one another will shine God's light...something that the world needs at this time. We're passing through: that means life isn't long. There's no 'tomorrow' or 'next time.' Each day truly can be our last.

So why not live it sharing the gospel and love of Christ!

Why not speak up for the oppressed and downtrodden? Why not help our neighbors or even make someone's day by showing kindness. I keep praying for God to give me opportunities: To show me how I can make a difference in my work and home...yet I seem to always miss this part: I can be kind. I can forgive. I can love.

Like Namaan, I always picture a grand adventure: something so hard and tedious to prove I belong to God and to share the gospel. However, it's simple just like the instructions given to Namaan.

God healed Namaan just by Namaan obeying the instructions to dip himself in the Jordan river seven times. God gives me a simple instruction too: Be kind. Be humble. Be gentle. Forgive and love my family in Faith and the unbelievers. Don't discriminate and don't purposely wrong people.

The bible is FULL of this teaching of loving one another. Jesus greatest commands is to love God with our everything and to love each other. Love doesn't wrong people: love doesn't rob people or force themselves on others. It's written in 1 Corinthians 13 and Jesus is our best example of what love is.

It's what me and a coworker was talking about today. I told her (It was God that gave me the words.) that everyone is broken and because we took God out, the nation went down. We need Christ. I need Christ and so does everyone because we're killing ourselves and each other. We're not kind anymore and everyone thinks everything is alright....We're dying.

America is dying.

And yet, God wants us to live.

God is asking for us to let Him in again: To let Him rule because only then will our lands be healed and the chaos will stop. Only then, will peace reign.