A lesson about Faith.

So this morning, I watched an interesting movie called "The Field of Dreams." It was about a man who owned a farm with his wife and young daughter. The man kept hearing a voice telling him to do certain things like turn his farm into a baseball field or go to another state(s) to find certain people. Now that sounds pretty ironic to hear and see but at the same time as I was watching the movie, it made sense to me. There was a lot of questions I personally had like if those dead characters were angels or why he was hearing the voice and who was the voice but they never really explain that but on the flip side...the movie made complete sense to me. In a biblical sense, it shined light on living by faith and not by sight.

Let me explain:

As Christians we are supposed to live by faith and not by sight which perhaps empowers us to choose to obey God in the Holy Spirit rather than listen to our fears and worries. The man in the movie was facing obstacles as well as ridicule from those around him who didn't understand what he knew in his heart was was going on. A perfect example of this was the scene when the man's brother in law was trying to make him sell the farm. If the man didn't, the farm would be foreclosed because all the money was spent building the ball field. It's depressing isn't it?

However, there was someone else there who kept talking as well to the main character. It was a writer and the daughter. They kept saying "don't sell the farm, people will come to see it from far and wide and they would pay without question."

The main character was faced with a hard choice: Listen to the brother in law (Fear and doubt) or listen to his daughter and friend (Hope and Faith.)

Ding, ding, ding!

Anybody else remembers the story of the leader who went to Jesus to heal his sick daughter? It was in Mark 5:21-43 What happened in that story? The man in the bible was faced with the same battle. The people around him told him to leave Jesus alone because his daughter already died. They said, "Your daughter just died, do not bother the teacher any longer." BUT JESUS SAID TO THE MAN "DO NOT BE AFRAID, JUST BELIEVE."

The man in the chapter was told his little girl died. It was discouraging and hopeless to seek help for a person who died...right? So what was the use to go out and find Jesus because his little girl died?

But Jesus said differently to the man because there was still hope. Jesus is hope! He said to believe (have FAITH) in other words because NOTHING is impossible for the Son of God who is God as well! Nothing is impossible for God. The man had to choose: Listen to doubt and hopelessness or listen to Christ and have hope and faith?

The same thing with another bible story; Noah!

Noah had to build a boat because God told him to because He was going to flood the earth. Noah didn't see rain and I bet the people around him laughed at him like others laughed at the man in the movie but Noah chose to obey God and walk by faith. And God answered Noah; He did what he said He would do and in the end, He made a covenant with Noah by sending a rainbow as the famous promise to never flood the world again. God blessed Noah with that promise just like in the movie, the man was blessed with people coming all over the world to his little baseball field.

In our lives, when we walk by faith even when we don't see around the corner, and when we obey God, He will 1) lead us, 2) Provide for us 3) Bless us. We obey and do our best, God is going to take car of the rest!

So no sweat! 

I'm not sure about you guys but I honestly believe this lesson is for me, especially about a certain area in my life. The other day I had a conversation with God about an old dream that began to awaken and it scares me because I gave that dream up to obey God...I asked God to give me an answer about this dream if it's meant to be in my life or not and to give me confirmation in His Holy Word and through other people that are after His heart. Confirmation through Godly people. After watching the movie The Field of Dreams, It just reminded me of God's words about walking by Faith and not by sight. I have a lot of worries about this dream so I take this as God telling me to stop worrying and to start walking by faith because He's going to lead me and guide me and open the doors He has for me. I just need to be sensitive to what He says and obey. 

God, 

Thank You for this answer Lord that has been given to me in an odd way that I didn't expect. I expected an answer by didn't think it would come from a random movie my dad would put on. Maybe it was meant for me to see it; see an example of trusting You and walking in Faith. You are the God who can use anything to send Your message out; Jesus even said that if his disciples stopped praising him then the rocks will burst out in praise to You. So I believe that You can use anything and all things and even people whether they are saved or not to get Your message across. God, I ask these things: 1) That you would bless whoever reads this and strengthen them to walk in Faith in Your Holy Spirit. 2) Lead them to their callings and dreams but help all of us to seek YOU first and foremost! Also 3) Help me to stop worrying, I lay it at Your feet. Please help me to put this into practice now, while there is still today. God, thank You, I am grateful for Your examples and lessons and that Your want me to rise above worry and discouragement. God, I love You and I give You the praise and glory and honor. In Jesus Christ, mightest and holiest name, Amen.