In Quietness We Stand Confident

Isaiah 30:15
This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: "Only in returning to me and resting in me will you be saved. In quietness and confidence is your strength. But you would have none of it. -

So God told this to the people of Judah who chose to turn from the truth to lies and they put their trust in other things like the Egyptians. God, being merciful and just, gave them a warning of what would happen if they kept on rebelling and He also told them how to be saved.

Think of your own problems, the battles you face on a daily basis? How does that make you feel? Worried, scared, angry, doubtful that things would change? All of it above? Now, how do you react to your battles? Do you act out during these emotions?

Now lets look at the heroes of the Bible: Joseph, Elijah, David, Ruth, and the list goes on. Jesus is the main one to look at too because as God and the Son of God, Jesus knew the importance of resting and remaining in the Father. He would go away by Himself for hours just to get His time with God the Father and when opposition hit Jesus, He didn't lose His temper or get shaken. He remained in control and kept His cool because He has confidence in God the Father.

That's the point: As children of God, we are to be aligned with God and remain in Him. Jesus prayed for us about this. In John 17:21 Jesus prayed: "I pray that they will be one, just as You and I are one - as you are in me Father, and I am in You. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me."

To be quiet would mean for us to be still. Moses told the people that the Lord will fight for us, we need only to be still. When we are still, we are trusting God to win our battles and our confidence is in God, not ourselves, or other things. 

One of my favorite scriptures would have to be Psalm 38:13-15, But I am deaf to all their threats. I am silent before them as one who cannot speak. I choose to hear nothing, and I make no reply. For I am waiting for you, O Lord. You must answer for me, O Lord, my God.

Another thing I learned about trusting God, and it is common sense but during battles, we easily lose sight of common sense. I learned that trusting God with the battles does not mean we don't FEEL scared or won't get bombarded with worries and doubt. What it does mean is having faith and trust to step forward despite the emotions. It means following God's instructions and marching forward around the walls of Jericho as long as it takes, even if we can't see the whole picture yet. 

God has never failed us and nor would he ever. It takes our cooperation to make things work. God's doing His part, so we need to do ours.