Entangled:

2 Timothy 2:4
Soldiers don't get tied up in the affairs of civilian life, for then they cannot please the officer who enlisted them.

Paul wrote to Timothy to not be entangled in the everyday affairs of life. This is very important because if entangled, it's hard to move forward to our calling or even please God who enlisted us.

Now this applies to me because I love stories and cartoons and movies and fanfiction. Those are my weak spots really...and whenever caught up in those things, I am very bad at remembering other things. I tend to get obsessive and I was that one nerd who got in trouble for reading late into the night time...and also for reading during the day. I remember growing up, I would read and block the world out around me and that always led to my dad yelling at me because as I read, I wouldn't notice anything. They would call me to do my chores or try to make conversation with me and I wouldn't hear them because I was glued to the stories. When I did hear them, my finger, I would find, would just twitch to open up the book again and I would wish the people would stop talking so I can continue the story.

Nothing is wrong with loving books and stories but it becomes bad when it starts consuming our lives. Unfortunately...I still have that problem of blocking life out when I get caught up in a story...I tend to lose sleep over it too because I struggle with putting it down for even a second. Only...this time, God showed me this, He made me alert to my problem, and showed me why it was getting bad. Because it went from "just a little thing" or obsessive and pushing God out...that is when it gets dangerous!

You see, something can be good and clean but when it starts coming before God and goes nearer and nearer to His throne, that is when it becomes bad - an idol. So it's best to flee and get some boundaries. That is when we need to back off and start asking God to help us not get entangled in these things....we also need to remember God's calling on our lives and that God is coming back and that only GOD will remain in the end. Everything passes away so fast and God said that all the things we see now, even us, are like the midst, here today and gone tomorrow but one thing will remain: GOD. God is forever and ever and He called us to a higher calling. I'm struggling because I want to read, I miss it but I want GOD MORE. I want God's promises more than the pleasure. I want God to be with me and bring me where I need to be. I want the future God gave me. I can't afford to be entangled in these and neither can you guys.

Father God,
I pray that this helps anyone who is in the same boat as I am; struggling with something that is threatening to consume us. God, I ask that You will carry us during this time and that in Your strength, we will be able to say "NO!" to our flesh that desires earthly pleasure. God, please give me and my siblings self control and boundaries. Thank You that You make us alert and able to notice things like this. God, thank You that You brought us out of addictions and that You supply us with all that we need to overcome the world. God, thank You Lord Jesus that YOU overcame the world and that shows us, You will help us to do the same. In Jesus holiest and mightiest name, I pray, Amen!

To God goes the glory!