Rejoice in the Lord

Psalm 34:1-3
I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak His praises. I will boast only in the Lord; let all who are helpless take heart. Come, let us tell of the Lord's greatness; let us exalt His name together.

So...anxiety....that's nothing new to me at this point but what is new is the thought of what this scripture means. Usually, reading 4-5 gets me over the moon and it still does but what I really want to focus on that is exciting, yet at the same time, very hard for me.

The bible says to rejoice in the Lord at all times. Now we talked about what we allow into our minds via our eyes before, but this is a key factor. Rejoicing. It's something Paul tells us "Rejoice in the Lord always - again, I say, Rejoice!"

Rejoicing can be a way to keep your mind above the waves - being thankful and remembering God's blessing and faithfulness - it keeps you positive. When we start listening to our fears or get hung up on the things we do not like, it can darken our minds and thus heighten them.

But rejoicing can do the opposite; it can brighten the mind, keep it on the positive so when things do go wrong or those pesky intrusive thoughts come your, way, you have God's peace to hold you steady. Keep your eyes on Christ on these waters.

That was why this scripture popped out at me because so often, I want to be healed quickly but it takes cooperation. It's like this:

You can go to the doctor and the doctor does His job but will you follow His instructions? He gives you the medicine and instructions to avoid the cold, diseases, etc. but if you don't follow the guide, you won't get better.

Every one of us wants instant relief, but we often don't want to lift a finger to do the work it takes to help ourselves. 

This scripture isn't a suggestion - it's something that I must apply to my life because when I don't, now I see the effects of it. When I do rejoice and keep God at the center of my thoughts, surround myself with truth and reminders of God's love, it keeps me uplifted throughout my day because I'm resting in the presence of God. 

So my learning today is remaining in the presence of God, rejoicing in Him even as the waves lash and licks at my feet. Keep my mind and eyes on things above and away from the storm. Keep our eyes on Jesus. 

God bless you all.