Code of Brawl

A/N: Now, this chapter is titled Code of Brawl but I'm not going to be doing a whole retelling of that event. The reason why is Lappland is hardly in it and the storyline for it is well-established. For all of you who have never seen the event before I'm going to post the videos above. So everyone can get caught up accordingly. The person who posted it is Captain MacMark. And obviously I don't own Arknights as I said in the description.

With that said hope y'all enjoy!

*********

It had been a long day, and an even longer night. As she blinked the sleep out of her eyes Texas was reminded for the tenth time that evening how tiresome the week had been in general. For a celebration this has just been one big mess after another. When word had come forth that Lungmen was under attack from Reunion she had expected to be sent out to do damage control, had been worried about the state of Penguin Logistics Headquarters and Emperor who was left behind.

But she had been worried over nothing.

Because while Lungmen was under attack, the city was just as vast as ever. Not even Reunion could span it in full during its assault. And so, Penguin Logistics Headquarters and Emperor were safe and sound, which meant there was no need to panic.

She had panicked anyways.

Lappland had helped her keep calm, but . . .

She had to stay back at Rhodes till she recovered. Ugh, if only she were here.

Yes, if only. But she wasn't and that was a fact of life.

So Texas would deal with everything she could, which included dealing with the Sicilians A.K.A. The Siracusan Mafia. These people had been terrorizing the Lungmen underworld for who knew how long. She didn't dare to ponder what made these foolish wolves think they could take over the city —maybe the Rat King, but he was another matter entirely— instead putting her efforts into taking the events of the night as they came.

And oh did they come.

To the point where she wanted to scream in frustration, which was saying a lot.

Too bad Lappland isn't here.

Texas really shouldn't be missing her this badly, but the heart wants what it wants she supposed.

"Hey Texas, what're you up to?"

Her wolf ear twitched in acknowledgment as those footsteps approached. This late at night most of them were either asleep or whiling the hours away as dreams evaded them. Texas was the latter today. She hadn't realized Croissant was too. Her friend plopped down next to her on the couch. The lights had been dimmed in the common room, the television playing the news of the commotion Reunion was causing in many other sectors. She winced at the explosions and fire. Just because they were commonplace in her life didn't mean she wished them upon others.

"War isn't something we can avoid."

But that doesn't make it any easier.

"Ugh. Nothing much, just trying to relax I guess."

"Hmm, I think I'll join you . . . If you're okay with that?" Croissant asked.

Both of them had changed out of their gear to some more relaxing attire. Texas's sweat pants that bunched at her ankles and the sweatshirt that was a size too big left her feeling cozy and warm. She could only imagine how pleased Lappland would be if she knew what she was wearing. Wolves who were inclined to each other had a thing for sharing scents, intermingling their own together to create a unique blend. The fondness she got from all the times they shared a bed or curled on the porch swing left her heart feeling light.